All-Star Aca Nationals Fortworth Tx

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

does ACA have a history of doing this? I don't feel like they do... was a wonderful event to attend when i was there last year.

Long discussion with ACA.

Shortest version I can come up with:

USASF has a form that they send to every event producer immediately prior to any bid event. It lists all of the current bid winners and their division. The EPs use this know when to pass down bids.

The form sent to USASF had the wrong division for Spirit of Texas' bid (I saw it with my own eyes.) They had their medium coed listed as already having a paid bid, when it was actually their IOC5.

The actually ranking for Worlds teams was (I may have 2 and 3 backwards - it doesn't affect how things went down. Also, some of the teams that already had at larges may not be listed.)

1. 96.29 CA Panthers
2. 95.19 Spirit IOC5
3. 94.?? Spirit Medium Coed
4. 94.?? CA Wildcats
5. 94.28 CA FierceKatz
6. 91.25 Twister Cheer Company
7. 90.91 CA LadyKatz
8. 90.87 Woodlands Elite Generals
9. 90.55 Texas Lonestar
10. 90.02 Texas Lonestar

ACA goes through their list thinking SOT Medium already has a paid, so they announce:

AL: (#5-#10 above)
Paid: Panthers, SOT IOC5.

Confusion. It is explained to ACA that SOT IOC already has a paid bid. ACA looks at list again, (still thinking that SOT Medium has bid, like the USASF form shows), then announce that Wildcats get the other bid.

Confusion. SOT (and myself and others) are baffled at how it is possible that SOT medium did not at least get an at large, as they had killed it and CLEARLY were not out of the top 10 scores. ACA then realizes now that SOT medium should have been originally awarded the second bid. They immediately state that they will give an additional bid to SOT medium (who had earned it by score), but would not take away the Wildcats bid.

All of this I suppose hinges on getting this approved through the USASF. As it was very clearly USASF's error, we assume that they will OK this.

While I can understand why some would think this was some kind of ploy on ACA's part to manage to give 3 bids to teams that have something like a combined 20 Worlds medals between them, that is not the case. They are willing to basically pay for USASF's mistake.

There is discussion of whether Wildcats should simply decline their paid bid in principle, but Lance Wagers was pretty adamant that he wanted all 3 teams to go as it was not any of the teams' fault. We will sort things out in more detail tomorrow.

Simple fixes for EPs going forward.

Option 1: Before you list out your bid winners, announce the teams at your event that your list shows as already having paid bids and at larges. This recognizes those teams to the crowd, plus it gives you a chance to find out if there are errors. (You can ask if there are other teams that weren't listed to let you know.) Once you have announced this and given time for the crowd to correct your mistakes, THEN announce your new bid winners.

Option 2: Use the Fierce Wiki instead of the USASF form. It is much more likely to be accurate.

I don't coach so I am not positive about this but don't coaches have some sort of meeting to attend before the competition? If so then wouldn't that be a good time to go over the list with the coaches to make sure that things are correct?

Simple fixes for EPs going forward.

Option 1: Before you list out your bid winners, announce the teams at your event that your list shows as already having paid bids and at larges. This recognizes those teams to the crowd, plus it gives you a chance to find out if there are errors. (You can ask if there are other teams that weren't listed to let you know.) Once you have announced this and given time for the crowd to correct your mistakes, THEN announce your new bid winners.

Option 2: Use the Fierce Wiki instead of the USASF form. It is much more likely to be accurate.

I think Option 2 would be much more reasonable haha

Ok now I feel stupid.... Well BlueCat your athletes are super nice and have fantastic sportsmanship:)
No problem. Thank you for the compliment. We try very hard to teach our athletes positive lessons about sportsmanship and believe that is more important in the long run than learning fulls or toss stunts. I would also like to compliment the other athletes at the event - for the most part all of those coaches and athletes were very gracious in either victory or defeat.

No problem. Thank you for the compliment. We try very hard to teach our athletes positive lessons about sportsmanship and believe that is more important in the long run than learning fulls or toss stunts. I would also like to compliment the other athletes at the event - for the most part all of those coaches and athletes were very gracious in either victory or defeat.
That's awesome:) yes all the athletes that i met were so supportive and cheered all the teams on. They all are not only fantastic athletes, but fantastic people. I'm so glad that gyms are focusing on the growth of the cheerleaders as people as well as helping them grow as athletes. Goodluck to CA this year:) y'all are no doubt a fantastic program with great role models!!!

Back