All-Star Acrylic Nails

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After someone's acrylic nail got ripped off into my hand (I have the scars to prove it), I would probably say DONT GET ACRYLICS.

all I know is that my CP (a base) looked like a heroin addict for the track marks up her arms from the other base that had acrylic nail. Needless to say, she eventually got rid of them but not until after a fair amount of bloodshed on my CP's (and the flyer's part who actually had a scratch deep enough to bleed in practice) part. I just don't think there's a great lot of place for acrylic nails in this sport, the off season is great, but if someone is getting hurt I don't think it's a good plan.

all I know is that my CP (a base) looked like a heroin addict for the track marks up her arms from the other base that had acrylic nail. Needless to say, she eventually got rid of them but not until after a fair amount of bloodshed on my CP's (and the flyer's part who actually had a scratch deep enough to bleed in practice) part. I just don't think there's a great lot of place for acrylic nails in this sport, the off season is great, but if someone is getting hurt I don't think it's a good plan.

There's an off season :confused: Someone forgot to tell my CP :D

There's an off season :confused: Someone forgot to tell my CP :D
bahahaha! amen! Not for mine either, this particular girl, there's definitely an off season. I actually think she quit eventually )this nail stuff was last year).

I have so many scars on my wrists from being a back spot it looks like i have a issue with cutting myself.

Save yourself and your group some pain and dont get them!

nails are not allowed on my team. we are told to keep them short and polish free. i cant stand it when i get cut by someones nail. its nasty, painful and unnecessary.

My gym allows them. I get them each year at the beginning of Nationals season! I have a bad habit of biting my nails when im nervous, so they help prevent me from doing it ! haha

Ouch ouch ouch! I stabbed myself with my own relatively short nail at cheer 5 weeks ago and I still have a scar. Dangerous! And also ouch if one broke off! We wouldnt be allowed unless cut short

WisconsinIsFierce I completely agree. There are too many hands flying around and it is just so much safer to keep them short.

Not only in cheer, but for those of you who do wear acrylics, why do you like them? I've gotten them twice and all they did was make my nails weaker. I hated them. Why not just grow out your real nails?

fake nails are safer than real ones...i mean like if your talking about cutting people because fake nails are more thick. and fake nails are prettier. :)

fake nails are safer than real ones...i mean like if your talking about cutting people because fake nails are more thick. and fake nails are prettier. :)

68999.jpg

I'd really prefer not to have a large gash in my face. And how about it hits near your eye? Doesn't sound pleasing. There are enough accidents in cheer as it is. I don't care if you're a base, back, tumbler, flyer, whatever, there is no need for you to have pretty nails in cheerleading! Or any sport for that matter.

If you're so into your beauty that you're willing to risk someone else's safety in one of the most dangerous sports, this may not be the thing for you.

(Sorry for ranting.)

Hot button issue with me. IMO fingernails past the tip of the finger should not be allowed in any sport, much less acrylics. Yes, that is just one more thing to check for, but I would love to see it anyway. My oldest has a two inch scar on her arm from basketball when a girl's nail sliced her arm. And in stunting..... please no. Also, the above post that mentioned bacteria - true and gross. (sorry, but I did say hot button issue)

WisconsinIsFierce
... for those of you who do wear acrylics, why do you like them? I've gotten them twice and all they did was make my nails weaker. I hated them. Why not just grow out your real nails?

I like acrylics more for that reason. My nails don't grow out, they break all the time. Acrylics kept reasonably short and rounded are easy to work with and as a waitress my nails always look more professional. On my real nail polish always chips after a day, with french tips I never have that problem. But I did take mine off because I admit I hate how thick they get!

Back