Advanced High School Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes you can do a spin and flip in HS.....you have to start either on the floor or prep and must end no higher than a prep. You will see many squads do this from the floor in the back then do a twist flip to the front caught in a cradle position.

I've seen that but what I mean is like the can't be flipping and spin at the same time. If you're talking about the skill I'm thinking about, the flyer flips over and then after the flip is finished, then the spin starts, like right after the flip. But they aren't flipping and spinning simotaniously (sorry can't spell that word and phones auto correct says "no replacements found")
I could be thinking of a different thing then you tho

ETA: someone posted the rule up above, part e says you can't flip more than 1 1/4 rotation and cannot twist.

So you can flip and twist separately but you can't be flipping and twisting at the same time. So someone early suggested doing a half full rewind (what even is that...?) but that's not legal anyway since you can twist and spin at the same time.

I've seen that but what I mean is like the can't be flipping and spin at the same time. If you're talking about the skill I'm thinking about, the flyer flips over and then after the flip is finished, then the spin starts, like right after the flip. But they aren't flipping and spinning simotaniously (sorry can't spell that word and phones auto correct says "no replacements found")
I understand what you are saying and the answer is yes. As the flyer is being flipped over she/he is allowed spin.

I understand what you are saying and the answer is yes. As the flyer is being flipped over she/he is allowed spin.

But from the posted rules above it says "e. The top person does not perform more than one and one quarter (1¼) flipping rotations and does not twist."

It straight up says does not spin(twist) She cannot spin during the flip. She may spin after.

I might be understanding you wrong. I'm not sure...finals week has my brain all over the place.

ETA: someone posted the rule up above, part e says you can't flip more than 1 1/4 rotation and cannot twist.

So you can flip and twist separately but you can't be flipping and twisting at the same time. So someone early suggested doing a half full rewind (what even is that...?) but that's not legal anyway since you can twist and spin at the same time.
I should emphisize.....this is only legal from the ground or prep position and must land below the shoulders/pre level. typically it is done to a cradle position. Feel free to PM me if you need additional information. Do not want to get involved with any drama. just trying to help

I should emphisize.....this is only legal from the ground or prep position and must land below the shoulders/pre level. typically it is done to a cradle position. Feel free to PM me if you need additional information. Do not want to get involved with any drama. just trying to help

Not trying to cause drama at all, just figure out what the ruling says since someone suggested a skill that I assumed was illegal according to my interpretation of the rule :)

Not trying to cause drama at all, just figure out what the ruling says since someone suggested a skill that I assumed was illegal according to my interpretation of the rule :)
No Drama on your end....The rule is for braced inversions; this is when you have three or more stunts in the air and they are bracing each other. When inverting (flipping) from here, you cannot twist.
The twist I was describing is for an individual stunt group starting from the ground.....not sure if you are familar with a leep frog, but it would be similar to that.

No Drama on your end....The rule is for braced inversions; this is when you have three or more stunts in the air and they are bracing each other. When inverting (flipping) from here, you cannot twist.
The twist I was describing is for an individual stunt group starting from the ground.....not sure if you are familar with a leep frog, but it would be similar to that.

I know what stunt your talking about :) at first it was confused but I figured it out, just took a while today, losing my brain studying for finals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's simultaneously, I surprisingly got that on the first try. I knew there was an L in there somewhere :)

You are doing it again. You just don't know what you are talking about.
I don't think you realize that there is ONE set of rules that determines what is allowed or not at sanctioned high school competitions. THAT is what this thread is about, and there is only one correct answer to an "is it legal" question. If you don't know what the rules say, in writing, them you don't know if its legal or not. I have no idea what the high school rules are, because my CP doesn't cheer high school, so I would never even begin to try to answer this question. What individual teams can or cannot do, and do or do not allow doesn't matter to weather something is allowed under the rules or not. Bottom line is that if you don't know the rules, you have no business saying what is allowed or not. You are headed back down the same road giving advice on something you know nothing about, and not just in this thread. I suggest you stop yourself now.

It really isn't a "known fact" that high school teams cannot pull off all star stunts. There are entire high school teams out there made up of all star athletes, lots of them.

Add to the fact that many all-star cheerleaders are level 1 and 2. So I would hope that they could at least do basic level 1 skills and attempt preps. Just saying.. it's like she is basing everything off of level 5 and well, that's not the case...

Add to the fact that many all-star cheerleaders are level 1 and 2. So I would hope that they could at least do basic level 1 skills and attempt preps. Just saying.. it's like she is basing everything off of level 5 and well, that's not the case...
LBH, she's not the only one to do that. It's a common stereotype, unfortunately. Just look at all of the 'high school cheer vs. all-star cheer' memes on Twitter

Back