Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do they deserve the rings? YES, … same as other Champs

Who should pay for ring?
UA Athletic Department
Athletes, can purchase individually
UCA
Alumni Department or enthusiastic Tide fans

Can UA Cheerleaders use UA logo on ring? Follow UA process, probably yes.

Is UCA Nationals a recognized National level Sports competition, or recognized by NCAA? NO!

Are the UA Cheerleaders athletes? YES!

Were UA Cheerleaders, or Coaches aware UA Athletic Department wouldn’t purchase rings? Probably not clear to everyone.

Does the press & Public reaction to this topic matter? Depends upon how public & when UA begins to muzzle UA Cheerleaders.

Are UA Cheerleaders Spirit Ambassadors in uniform for Alumni & Athletic events? Yes.

Does it matter how other institutions have handled this topic? No!

UA Cheer won the title, what they expected & what they received represent a serious “failure to communicate!”

Will each UA Cheerleader have this title on their resume for the balance of their natural life? Yes!
No one can take that away, or remove their picture because this is almost viral. The attitude which carried them to success will be something which will influence their full professional careers.

Should athletes transfer to another school? Only if their goal in life is to win the UCA National competition & receive a ring from the school.

UA Administration may soon place a dollar value on the rings versus the bad press stacking up which may cause future students to choose another institution willing to support their outstanding programs, Sport or Not!

So at what point in this diatribe do we point the finger at Varsity Brands, the only group to profit from sponsoring Nationals, and ask them to pony up the cash?

You cant. When teams win Championship the school provides the rings, the company provides the trophy. Ex. Auburn won the SEC and BCS trophy and the school provides the rings.

So at what point in this diatribe do we point the finger at Varsity Brands, the only group to profit from sponsoring Nationals, and ask them to pony up the cash?

You really cant. When championships are won schools provides rings. Ex When a schools wins the SEC and BCS you cant ask those two organizations to pony up for the rings even do they made the most from the games.

Who is taking a cue from this event & starting a review process to establish future competitions to address these issues. UA has garned the hearts of all current & near future Co-Ed Cheerleaders. Tide Cheerleaders are the athlete they want to be today, but if UA Athletic Department, UA Alumni Association or Varsity Brands don't do something soon much of the great pubilicity created by this event will be lost in negative press! This is sad, the athletes & the Coaches have put "all in" for UCA, now what do they have ... the TITLE BABY!

Congratulations to the TIDE Cheerleaders & Coaches!

Ooops I dont know why it double posted I keep getting a school ad whenever I try to post something.

You really cant. When championships are won schools provides rings. Ex When a schools wins the SEC and BCS you cant ask those two organizations to pony up for the rings even do they made the most from the games.

Actually you can, in fact in 1984+ NCA provided rings crafted by Balfour with similar design to the World Series & Super Bowl as individual recognition of Championship athletes. Money is made, it can also be spent, especially when this is not under the same guidelines as the NCAA Sports. Keep in mind UA & NCAA all sit on the same side as Jeff Webb CEO of Varsity, "Cheerleading is not a Sport!"

Buying the rings ISN'T the issue. Lots of people are willing to buy the rings.

The University won't allow the rings to have the script A logo.

Buying the rings ISN'T the issue. Lots of people are willing to buy the rings.

The University won't allow the rings to have the script A logo.

Sooooo if everyone is ready to purchase the rings (stick with me) and the UA Athletic Department official actually was quoted as saying they would need to follow the same process as any other organization on campus for approval to use the UA logo, what is the purpose of this whole discussion?

When will UA realize they have the power & authority to inform the Cheerleaders, ... NO more Competition participation and for all the problems you have created this year UA Cheer will be “ground bound” focused upon Cheer Leading not Cheer Entertainment!

By the way who is covering the liability of a single injury for these athletes as they prepared for the UCA Nationals? The insurance provided members of the NCAA didn’t cover it because the practice leading to Nationals isn’t preparation for a game or halftime routine, maybe it was coverage provided by the Gym where they practiced or their individual health insurance. Someone would have been responsible IF any participant was injured, however since we do not know of a significant injury then this may not be pertinent to this discussion, BUT it is important to gym owners, parents and athletes to be informed about proper coverage in the event of a severe or catastrophic injury! Don’t forget your Emergency Plan (see NCSF at http://www.nationalcheersafety.com/) Who is covering you or your athletes and how are you protected IF an injury occurs? Time to quit wondering & hoping for the prudent person to be in charge … go find out NOW!

When I cheered in college, it was made VERY clear to us that although the University would provide us with a trainer and use of the athlete only fitness center, our private insurance would be used for any injuries (practice, games, appearances). We could go see the trainers, but any treatment would require a trip to the local ER or a Dr.

I finally had time to watch the ESPN coverage of UCA nationals and found it very ironic that Ryan Martin said how much the university supports the squad, yet they won't let them use the logo on their rings. Any updates on the ring status??

I finally had time to watch the ESPN coverage of UCA nationals and found it very ironic that Ryan Martin said how much the university supports the squad, yet they won't let them use the logo on their rings. Any updates on the ring status??
Most people - myself included - feel obligated to say how supported they are by their school, however its usually not the case! I haven't heard anything on rings lately but I do know their coach resigned. I feel bad for the athletes who went/transferred there just to cheer for him!

Most people - myself included - feel obligated to say how supported they are by their school, however its usually not the case! I haven't heard anything on rings lately but I do know their coach resigned. I feel bad for the athletes who went/transferred there just to cheer for him!

Really? He was still listed on their page.

Back