Allstar Gyms: When Does Your Program Start And End?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we have tryouts in may, practices being late may-early june. summer practice until labor day, when school year practice starts. first comp in november, and we finish the season with The Dance Worlds in april. then practics until tryouts!

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

We do team placements in May and first competition in December. Last competition will be in April or very beginning of Ma.

Our gym is new and so we started our cheer season in August and didn't compete until December. This year, our season will end in Indy at U.S. Finals, tryouts the following week and then startup again in May. Is that too short of a break for parents and their pockets?
Ours starts end of May and ends beginning of May the following year. The couple weeks break in between is for tryouts. ;)

Our program has become year round. Try outs are in May and practices start right after and because we have teams that win bids to Worlds and the Summit we are competing right up to tryouts.

Done in early April, tryouts in first week of May. Nice little 3 week-ish time off.

We also had a short break around Memorial Day to allow for vacations before we really hit the ground running in June.

(This was one of the reasons I took a year off! When we started fostering, I was at work, then coaching school, then coaching AS. I think our (soon-to-be) son thought it was normal for mommies to live in the gym and only come home at 9!)

Tryouts are April 7-17

We have multiple teams going to summit, however we start full team practices the Monday after tryouts so teams will be practicing with both their summit teams and new teams! There is no off season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughters gym did it May-April , it was a 12 month program. No real breaks but it was a small gym and things where lax in the summer. Some gyms are 6 months programs.

We end our season April 13th with US Finals and then tryouts are April 26th. Practices with the new teams start that following week. They have a small break but we have regular tumbling classes going on in the time as well as stunt clinics, motion clinics, jump clinics, skill specific tumbling clinics, and even choreography pick up clinics.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Tryouts are April 7-17

We have multiple teams going to summit, however we start full team practices the Monday after tryouts so teams will be practicing with both their summit teams and new teams! There is no off season!

Damn, this obviously works for your gym or they wouldn't be doing it but I can see places where this could be a huge issue with kids (and parents) possibly being hurt they didn't advance or get the team they want.

Damn, this obviously works for your gym or they wouldn't be doing it but I can see places where this could be a huge issue with kids (and parents) possibly being hurt they didn't advance or get the team they want.
I wondered about that, I would hope if someone is upset about placement they wouldn't take it out on their current team. You never know with people though!!

Our season ends this weekend for all non-worlds teams. And of course for worlds teams the season ends after worlds in April. Then we have tryouts the first weekend of May and practice on going from there.

We do tryouts in April/May and start practicing in June, and competition season is usually late October or early November through early April.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We finish up in early April and have spring training and an end of the year banquet. Tryouts are always the first weekend in May and then we start practicing a week after the parent meeting. So we are year round. No off season for us!

ETA: we start competing in November

Latest posts

Back