All-Star An Athlete's Statement To The Fierce Board:

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As others have stated here already, your words ring so very true. You are an excellent role model for the 1000s of little girls who look up to you and share the love you do for this sport, mine included. Meeting you and taking a photo was the absolute highlight of her weekend at Jamfest Super Nationals, and I thank you for giving my daughter a gracious and inspiring role model to look up to.

Maddie,
You just made my day for the second time! by the way thanks for getting a picture with me right before you left, seriously didn't think my day could get any better til i read this:) you're a true inspiration not just as an athlete but as a person as well. i hope senior elite kills it this year:)
-icecheer1395

This is really awesome of you Maddie! I just find its such a shame she had to do this because people couldn't keep their comments to themselves! and yes its a forum you are entitled to your own opinion but the negative ones are just lowering this amazing, oops im sorry AMAZING sport to something it isn't!! Stay Strong Maddie and I hope your message breaks through to those who need better glasses! LOL

1)i dont like how any of this went down. like kingston said your never going to escape the chatter of people talking(if you think this site is bad, try reading youtube comments, nasty).
2)she chose to be highlighted as the celebrity she is from the 2by2 videos to the autograph signings. if you want that spotlight then you better capitalize every time and not show a single flaw or you will be taken down.
3)the best way to have dealt with this is to shut it and HYS. End of story. anyone can write a great speech and influence people, look at how powerful Obama's speeches were and how weak the outcome/ his actions were. Sure you got about 150 supporters with your message but you also P'd off just as many or more making your own case and spilling your philosophy.
4)i challenge you maddie to handle public criticism a little better and to understand a)what it takes to be a celebrity and the challenges it takes to hold such a position in rough times and b) your not going to be liked by everyone or make everyone chase the same dream you have.

its inevitable to escape judgment from anything in this world, but the best way to make a statement is to us it as motivation, keep it to yourself and HYS.

1)i dont like how any of this went down. like kingston said your never going to escape the chatter of people talking(if you think this site is bad, try reading youtube comments, nasty).
2)she chose to be highlighted as the celebrity she is from the 2by2 videos to the autograph signings. if you want that spotlight then you better capitalize every time and not show a single flaw or you will be taken down.
3)the best way to have dealt with this is to shut it and HYS. End of story. anyone can write a great speech and influence people, look at how powerful Obama's speeches were and how weak the outcome/ his actions were. Sure you got about 150 supporters with your message but you also P'd off just as many or more making your own case and spilling your philosophy.
4)i challenge you maddie to handle public criticism a little better and to understand a)what it takes to be a celebrity and the challenges it takes to hold such a position in rough times and b) your not going to be liked by everyone or make everyone chase the same dream you have.

its inevitable to escape judgment from anything in this world, but the best way to make a statement is to us it as motivation, keep it to yourself and HYS.

Theres always somebody who can't wait to twist it... and sometimes the smartest remarks are better left unsaid so perhaps you should follow your own advice...
I think Maddie did nothing more than make the best statement to handle the stituation, did you even bother to read the thread?

I will not respond with the exact same thing I did on the other thread (http://forum.fierceboard.com/threads/heres-the-real-problem.20880/page-5) but the bolded part is absolute crap. You would be hard pressed to find a single instance where she has not handled her "fame" well. Show me one angry/bitter tweet, status, statement, ANYTHING coming directly from her. I must have missed the part where she was asking to be "liked by everyone"....

In my opinion, she's handling this darn near perfectly. And surely better than I would personally.

Theres always somebody who can't wait to twist it... and sometimes the smartest remarks are better left unsaid so perhaps you should follow your own advice...
I think Maddie did nothing more than make the best statement to handle the stituation, did you even bother to read the thread?

yea sorry to twist candyland for a minute. i did bother to read. i also know that there have been many other athletes who have posted about world peace in cheer and such but didn't get more than 5 shimmys. im glad maddie has such a large following and could maybe make stuff happen, but i didn't like the message. and yes, i will be ripped apart about it, i just jumped into a teal shark tank that i was once part of, but those are my words. thats how i feel and i stand by it.
And KT i'm not answering to that, because i do like maddie and i don't have anything i would like to say more. Everything I have said was pretty much constructive and in no way have i put her down. no ones perfect and everyone has ways they can improve.

Well said, Maddie. Though I feel, it is kind of not directed at the right people. The Fierceboard actually is a community that is mostly very friendly and reasonable, especially compared to other platforms.
So I feel that you're preaching to the choire here, which then again might make people feel like you're just trying to make a big speach. I'm by no means implying that you are!!
Anyways, I think, what you're saying is good and needs to be said. I wish you all the best this year and that you enjoy it with your teammates!

I somewhat agree w/ you. I would have had more respect for her response if it was posted in one of the Majors threads or something under this topic. Why not just normaly post a comment inside a thread? After reading In another thread, I'm thinking this is something she'd include in her resume & that's the main reason for this post. If this thread was posted word for word by anyone else, they would have never gotten the same response. She is putting the spotlight on herself and that's that. The negative comments people give her obviously don't bother her that much because she keeps throwing herself out there for judgement (this thread being an example).

I somewhat agree w/ you. I would have had more respect for her response if it was posted in one of the Majors threads or something under this topic. Why not just normaly post a comment inside a thread? After reading In another thread, I'm thinking this is something she'd include in her resume & that's the main reason for this post. If this thread was posted word for word by anyone else, they would have never gotten the same response. She is putting the spotlight on herself and that's that. The negative comments people give her obviously don't bother her that much because she keeps throwing herself out there for judgement (this thread being an example).

This post more than most just tells me that anything she or we try do on this forum will have no positive effect on the conversation. Your assumption she is using this for other motives is so off base as to be laughable. The spotlight and crosshairs have clearly been on her long before this attempt at dialogue. Can I refer you to the social media this weekend? Please, move on with your lives and leave her out of them. The very people who seem to most vehemently criticize her for noteriety appear unable to let any of this float off into the graveyard of cyberspace. Gladly, she will be done in 3 months and you all can move on to someone else. I'm going to ask King to go ahead and lock threads like this in the furture if he will. Yes, I know she started it to try to respond in a positive manner, but as with all things there are unintended consequences. She will not be back. Please let her be and move on. And to her real fans, the little ones and others that are invariably positivie in their interactions in person, we'll continue to interact and meet you so feel free to say hello.

Back