High School Average Cost Of Uca High School Nationals Orlando

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We hosted a competition which made a majority of our money. We also did a kiddie clinic, father daughter dance, car washes and sold wreaths. Honestly my parents really only ending up paying for our tumbling classes and private tumbling lessons. Occasionally practice wear. In our area our program is known the fundraising that we do. A lot of other places near us do little to no fundraising.
I've heard of this before. How did you guys do yours?

Well we had a parent "board" and parents signed up to like be in charge of events. So one mom was in charge of it all along with our coaches. Teams could sing up online via our website or mail in their forms and that mother was I charge of collecting all of that, and setting vendors and trophies. Obviously others helps but she was overseeing it all. JV was in charge of all concessions so I don't know much about that. The night before the competition the entire team was required to be at the school setting up. On competition day every cheerleading was required to have at least one parent or adult to help so we got there early and went over the jobs (although this was all communicated weeks in advance). We have three "gyms" at my school so one half of the new gym was where teams kept a their stuff and then the divider went up and the other half was a full warm up mat and three mats for another warm up area. I don't know if that help much? It was very very. organized.

Well we had a parent "board" and parents signed up to like be in charge of events. So one mom was in charge of it all along with our coaches. Teams could sing up online via our website or mail in their forms and that mother was I charge of collecting all of that, and setting vendors and trophies. Obviously others helps but she was overseeing it all. JV was in charge of all concessions so I don't know much about that. The night before the competition the entire team was required to be at the school setting up. On competition day every cheerleading was required to have at least one parent or adult to help so we got there early and went over the jobs (although this was all communicated weeks in advance). We have three "gyms" at my school so one half of the new gym was where teams kept a their stuff and then the divider went up and the other half was a full warm up mat and three mats for another warm up area. I don't know if that help much? It was very very. organized.
How long did it take to plan and put together? And how much did you guys make?

@Official OWECheer We host a competition as well and it brings in a lot of money. Many of the high schools do around here, although no one has any clue how it will work this year as competitions are being scheduled by Section XI for NYS sports and we very well could be told we are not hosting one since teams can no longer pick and choose which ones they want to attend; there will be a schedule just like all other winter sport teams. In the past we have worked in conjunction with an all-star gym and they have been the judges. Between admission, concession stand, clothing sales, 50/50 raffles, cheer grams, a host school can make a lot of money.

@Official OWECheer We host a competition as well and it brings in a lot of money. Many of the high schools do around here, although no one has any clue how it will work this year as competitions are being scheduled by Section XI for NYS sports and we very well could be told we are not hosting one since teams can no longer pick and choose which ones they want to attend; there will be a schedule just like all other winter sport teams. In the past we have worked in conjunction with an all-star gym and they have been the judges. Between admission, concession stand, clothing sales, 50/50 raffles, cheer grams, a host school can make a lot of money.

For those who held competitions how much did you charge per team ect .

All of you that can keep 100% of your proceeds from hosting competitions are very fortunate! Our high school sports governing body takes all of the admissions proceeds and concession/vending is the only profit the school is allowed to keep.

All of you that can keep 100% of your proceeds from hosting competitions are very fortunate! Our high school sports governing body takes all of the admissions proceeds and concession/vending is the only profit the school is allowed to keep.
Ugh. Why?

At a locally hosted competition last year, they raffled off Disney passes. I thought that was genius, since almost every person in that gym was going to Disney in February! In addition to all the profit they made hosting the competition, stunt contests, concessions, vendors, admission they also raked in money from the Disney raffle. I don't know how much they made, but through the grapevine heard it was over $65,000.

At a locally hosted competition last year, they raffled off Disney passes. I thought that was genius, since almost every person in that gym was going to Disney in February! In addition to all the profit they made hosting the competition, stunt contests, concessions, vendors, admission they also raked in money from the Disney raffle. I don't know how much they made, but through the grapevine heard it was over $65,000.
Sweet Mother of Moulah! Was this put on buy a school or an all-star gym?

WOW!!!! and I thought our HS competition did great bringing in over $25,000 last year. We generally don't do well with raffles. We have tried a couple of small items (cheer clothes basket, small gift certificates) a Visa gift card of $100 was also raffled and was thankfully donated, but we only made about $250 total on the raffles. We tend to do better with 50/50 which we do one in the morning session and one for the afternoon session and I think we made over $1,500 between the 2 (after we gave the winner their 50%).

Sweet Mother of Moulah! Was this put on buy a school or an all-star gym?
It's a school. They've been hosting it for many years and we live in a pretty big UCA school area so its a good turnout. Again, I don't know how accurate the number is, I heard it through a mutual gym coach that works with that school and with ours. Seeing the whole production in person though, I would believe it could even be a higher number than that.

Back