OT Belly Button Piercing?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I might get mine pierced this weekend since next week we have a holiday break for 4th of july and i thought that would be good so i can have a week for it to heal and me getting used to have it. For those of you who practice with it in when you first got it done what did you put over it?! How long does it take to heal (like if i got it done now would it be good enough for me to take out in november for competitions?) and i'm a side base so idk how im going to deal with not hitting it when i catch my flyer....any help? :) and how long do you wait until you can change the ring? lol sorry soo many questions, just curious!! And did you tell your coaches about it?!

I might get mine pierced this weekend since next week we have a holiday break for 4th of july and i thought that would be good so i can have a week for it to heal and me getting used to have it. For those of you who practice with it in when you first got it done what did you put over it?! How long does it take to heal (like if i got it done now would it be good enough for me to take out in november for competitions?) and i'm a side base so idk how im going to deal with not hitting it when i catch my flyer....any help? :) and how long do you wait until you can change the ring? lol sorry soo many questions, just curious!! And did you tell your coaches about it?!
-when i first got mine i practiced with a large bandaid over top.
-it full heal it takes a year ( i am now just over a year and it is finally good to go).
-but yes you would be able to compete (as long as you take it out to compete and put it back in after)
-i am not a side base, but my best friend is and just got her's done and is basing fine, but keeps a bandaid and a shirt on while stunting.
-and they recommend 30 days before changing the ring, but i waited about 2-3 months because i was nervous about it!

-when i first got mine i practiced with a large bandaid over top.
-it full heal it takes a year ( i am now just over a year and it is finally good to go).
-but yes you would be able to compete (as long as you take it out to compete and put it back in after)
-i am not a side base, but my best friend is and just got her's done and is basing fine, but keeps a bandaid and a shirt on while stunting.
-and they recommend 30 days before changing the ring, but i waited about 2-3 months because i was nervous about it!

okay thank you so much!

I would say the same exact thing as @acx.cheer ! It really wasn't as bad as I expected and I tried to wear a tank top instead of tshirt when I knew I would be stunting a lot. It will probably be a little sore the first few times it gets hit, but you get used to it and it heals pretty quickly in that sense. It is more fitted and wont ride up/get tangled on anything. Band-aids or tape or good! i would recommend the fabricy Band-Aids not the plasticy kind (not really sure how to explain the difference lol) they tend to stick better and bend with you more. Make sure you clean it WELL at least once a day, they get infected super easily especially when you are stunting that much. And as tempting as it is, touch it as little as possible when you are not cleaning it to help keep it as clean as possible. I changed mine after a few months, the one you get it pierced with is easier to clean and nicer than almost any other one you will get, which will help keep it infection free. By november you will be good to go as long as you put it right back in after! The first time getting it back in might be a little tougher but dont worry, a little extra push and it will be fine :) and NO hydrogen peroxide to clean it..my friend made that mistake and it turned out terribly. Just use saline solution, salt water, or the little soapy thing they may give you. Sorry for the novel! but good luck!

I got mine done last year in aug, and my first comp of the yr. wasnt untill december. So depending on your coach you can get either a clear bar&balls for comps. Or get a plug. What my coach did for us is we had alot of percings on my team she you know those medication week things? We had one of those to put our percings in when we were in the hole then got them back when we steped of the floor :)
As for it hurting it didnt hurt me at all it felt like a pinch the same as if you were getting shots or a bloodtest. :)

so glad i found this thread! im thinking about getting mine done this summer... im so scared though! i heard people say they have to tape it for cheer practice if they cant take it out yet, does anyone do that?
I did that a few times it dosnt hurt, as long as you but gauz on then tape the gauz to your skin. DONT put tape on the ring it will hurt :S

ahh i want mine done. my mom had hers and a lot of my friends have theirs. i had my ears pierced as a baby so i don't remember anything haha. i can take shots from a doctor but this is a lot. i want someone to numb me too!

ahh i want mine done. my mom had hers and a lot of my friends have theirs. i had my ears pierced as a baby so i don't remember anything haha. i can take shots from a doctor but this is a lot. i want someone to numb me too!
i was the same way got my ears done when I was a baby, I got belly done with out being numbed and it honestly dosnt hurt more then a shot from a doctor :)

Did any of yall's belly button piercings hurt to tumble like right after you got it done?! like in backhandsprings i would think it would stretch or something.

I got mine done about a month ago and it didn't really hurt at all just was an uncomfortable feeling. It basically feels like stubbing your toe it hurts a lot and is very uncomfortable the first 3 seconds but then after that it's fine. It does kinda hurt the few days after you get it but nothing unbearable, I had tryouts the day after and tumbled and everything...it was fine. Just make sure you clean it twice a day and leave it in for like 6 weeks and you should be fine. Also don't touch it AT ALL during the first few weeks. I leave mine in for practices but I will have to take it out for comps.

I got mine done about a month ago and it didn't really hurt at all just was an uncomfortable feeling. It basically feels like stubbing your toe it hurts a lot and is very uncomfortable the first 3 seconds but then after that it's fine. It does kinda hurt the few days after you get it but nothing unbearable, I had tryouts the day after and tumbled and everything...it was fine. Just make sure you clean it twice a day and leave it in for like 6 weeks and you should be fine. Also don't touch it AT ALL during the first few weeks. I leave mine in for practices but I will have to take it out for comps.

do you cover yours at practice?

I got mine when I was just about to graduate 8th grade. I got it numbed so it didn't hurt at all. I didn't cheer then, and eventually when I did, I just would take it out because it doesn't really matter if it's out for too long now. In fact I can go months without wearing it and then just wear it whenever I want.

i'm jealous. i've had mine for 4 years ish? and if i leave it out for more than two or three days it pinches to put it back in. which is bizarre because NONE of my other piercings close, like at all, even the newer ones. or ones i leave out for weeks at a time.

and no, i don't really remember mine hurting when i tumbled...the only thing that really bothered me was like, forgetting about it and pulling my shirt down over it, or carrying something against my stomach and sliding it down over top of it. i learned quick not to do that. hahaha

Back