OT Belly Button Piercing?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i'd still wear a nice big bandaid over it for stunting, but that should be more than enough time.

okay! but my practice wear is sports bra and spankies...do you think that would make it easier for it to get hit?! ill wear a bandaid with a gause (sp?) underneath it.

okay! but my practice wear is sports bra and spankies...do you think that would make it easier for it to get hit?! ill wear a bandaid with a gause (sp?) underneath it.

yeah just get one of those like rectangular ones. maybe like tape it down. cause darlin, if a flier comes down on your stomach and the ring gets pulled at all, that will hurt like nooooo other. but you should be okay. just be extra cautious to catch high!

yeah just get one of those like rectangular ones. maybe like tape it down. cause darlin, if a flier comes down on your stomach and the ring gets pulled at all, that will hurt like nooooo other. but you should be okay. just be extra cautious to catch high!

ok thanks sooo much!!!

I got mine done in May and this past week at practice my flyer came close to rippig it out. I was practicing in a sports bra and it started to bleed everywhere so for the first couple months I recommend keeping it covered. It hurt to tumble with it in the first week or so after getting it done but after that it was fine. Hope this helps!

i think im getting it done over the weekend and i have practice on wednesday. i'm a little concerned about tumbling... how bad does it hurt to tumble?

i think im getting it done over the weekend and i have practice on wednesday. i'm a little concerned about tumbling... how bad does it hurt to tumble?
I got mine done a week ago and tumbled like 2 days after. Everyone made it sound like it would hurt really bad but it didn't at all.

Anyone have it done? How bad does it hurt? Be honest. & has your's been infected? also, how do you deal with it for cheer?

I have it done. It didn't hurt to have it done, but it did hurt for a few days afterwards. It was infected once, very early on, but I was diligent and cleaned it carefully and it didn't happen again. For cheer? I took it out. I wasn't cheering during the year that year (didn't want to cheer for my college team again, couldn't afford an open team) and that was the only reason I got it done that year, around November. Once summer and therefore camps started again, I took it out. Every day. Besides being required, I was completely grossed out by the thought of it ripping out when stunting.

When I coached, I told my kids to not even think about getting something pierced during the season---it was coming out at practice. I didn't care if they had their ears pierced that day. They were coming out, or they weren't practicing. I've seen an earring come out by ripping the earlobe. It's disgusting. It's an image I'd rather never have repeated. Thanks. :confused:

Oh, and I had a coach once who used to say, when some people would complain about not being allowed to have piercings..."You can. You just have to decide which is more important to you--cheering or a piercing." Pretty simple when you look at it that way.

Back