OT Belly Button Piercing?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have it done. It didn't hurt to have it done, but it did hurt for a few days afterwards. It was infected once, very early on, but I was diligent and cleaned it carefully and it didn't happen again. For cheer? I took it out. I wasn't cheering during the year that year (didn't want to cheer for my college team again, couldn't afford an open team) and that was the only reason I got it done that year, around November. Once summer and therefore camps started again, I took it out. Every day. Besides being required, I was completely grossed out by the thought of it ripping out when stunting.

When I coached, I told my kids to not even think about getting something pierced during the season---it was coming out at practice. I didn't care if they had their ears pierced that day. They were coming out, or they weren't practicing. I've seen an earring come out by ripping the earlobe. It's disgusting. It's an image I'd rather never have repeated. Thanks. :confused:

Oh, and I had a coach once who used to say, when some people would complain about not being allowed to have piercings..."You can. You just have to decide which is more important to you--cheering or a piercing." Pretty simple when you look at it that way.

My coaches don't really mind the piercings at practice, they just have to come out at competitions, well obviously lol.

i got mine about 3 months ago i think the weekend after my last competition for the season so i would have all of summer for it to heal. i personal didnt think it hurt at all! i felt it but not pain it was just uncomfotable well they changed the needle to the ring. i am a back spot and sometimes i main and side every now and then when needed to and dont seem to have a problem with it just sometimes with double downs i feel a baby pinch for a second. i put a big band aid over it most of the time but if i dont have anny with me then i dont its kinda like if i feel like it i do but if i dont feel putting it on i dont need to. also i changed mine after like a month and half when where i got it done i was told not to change it for 3 months and it was fine. right when i got it done i went into the parking lot on a grass patch and did a back walkover to stretch my stomach out so when i tumbled it wouldnt pull, and when tumbleing i am and was fine. good luck and it is so worth it dont be scared:)

also mine has never been infected but my friend's has and she just put neosprin on the ring and around the holes before she went to bed and in the morning and the infection was gone in 2 days

where do ya'll buy your rings? I have really sensitive skin and can't buy any of those really cheap material ones. So normally I buy them at claires, which is all fine and dandy, except the material might not be cheap, but the rings themselves suck and always break, and they are way too expensive for my liking.

where do ya'll buy your rings? I have really sensitive skin and can't buy any of those really cheap material ones. So normally I buy them at claires, which is all fine and dandy, except the material might not be cheap, but the rings themselves suck and always break, and they are way too expensive for my liking.

Piercing Pagoda isn't cheap, but I never get reactions from their belly rings. I usually wear mine for about 6 months at a time, which is about when they may break. You may want to check out PiercedFish.com, as well; their selection has a huge range of styles, prices and quality.

It doesn't hurt while your getting it done, surprisingly because they use a thick needle. But I remember it hurting excruciatingly about two weeks later, and I would be doubled over in pain whenever it caught on anything. And what I ended up doing for practice while it was still new was I either kept it in (bad idea) or I put a retainer in. You can buy retainers for under 5$ online, its a flexible rod that kinda looks like plastic and is (or claims to be) impossible to rip out. But now, since I got mine done over a year ago, I just take out the jewelry for practice then put it back in after.

Another tip- Mine healed REALLY fast because I washed it three times a day with the piercing soap and antibacterial hand soap that I got from Bath and Body Works. So make sure to wash it almost constantly. Also, every couple days I would fill a shot glass with salt water and keep it on my belly button for about 15 minutes.

Did any of yall's belly button piercings hurt to tumble like right after you got it done?! like in backhandsprings i would think it would stretch or something.
I tumbled the next day, I don't remember BHSs hurting, but I do remember bridges kinda pinching but that's really it.

Piercing Pagoda isn't cheap, but I never get reactions from their belly rings. I usually wear mine for about 6 months at a time, which is about when they may break. You may want to check out PiercedFish.com, as well; their selection has a huge range of styles, prices and quality.

thanks! i had never heard of either of them, but honestly, the jewelry they have is super cute, and is still cheaper than some of the ones i've bought at claires.

thanks! i had never heard of either of them, but honestly, the jewelry they have is super cute, and is still cheaper than some of the ones i've bought at claires.

Claires is EXPENSIVE! lol I went in there the other day to get some earrings and dang... $$$

I got it done 2 weeks ago! I'm going to be honest, i thought it hurt but literally only for 5 seconds. I didn't have any pain afterwards either. & It doesn't hurt when i tumble. I barely remember it being there sometimes.

I got mine done todayy and i have practice tomorrow :confused: I'm scared it'll hurt to stunt (im a back) and tumble!

I got mine pierced the day before practice. I'm a base to a pretty crazy flyer who falls often. I got the smallest belly ring I could find, and put two large bandaids over it, since I wear just like a sports bra to practice. I tumbled, stunted, perfectly fine. Pain is different for everyone though! I reccomend wearing a retainer instead of actual ring instead though. :)

Oopsies! One more thing. Mine didn't hurt at all, probably because a clamp wasn't used. My cartilage hurt way more. Every state is different, but the laws in NJ are you can't get it done before24. I got mine done at 12, so I've had it for a loooonng time.

Back