Best Coaching Quals In Uk

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 29, 2010
I need to update my coaching qualifications this year. First thought was FC but just wondering if anyone has done theirs with anyone else?

Interested to see what people think of the different qualifications and which is best for allstar?

I know a lot of people who have done it with Scotcheer. I'm still to young, but they all seem to like it. The woman who runs it is really cool too:)

But I really like FC competitions, so they'd be cool! <3

I went straight to my IASF credentialing which I did through ACDC in Scotland. I had previous experience but I would recommend doing coaching courses before that as it is not a training course. It doesn't teach you how to coach it just confirms you know how to coach everything

I went straight to my IASF credentialing which I did through ACDC in Scotland. I had previous experience but I would recommend doing coaching courses before that as it is not a training course. It doesn't teach you how to coach it just confirms you know how to coach everything

How do they assess it at ACDC? Would be good to find out a bit more siging up! Do you have to reach a certain %age before passing?
Scotland is a long way away but FC are only seeming to be doing Building from the Ground Up rather than credentialling atm.

Thanks for the help!

How do they assess it at ACDC? Would be good to find out a bit more siging up! Do you have to reach a certain %age before passing?
Scotland is a long way away but FC are only seeming to be doing Building from the Ground Up rather than credentialling atm.

Thanks for the help!

Have you checked BCA? I've never competed there and don't know much about them? ICC too maybe? x

All the credentialing is the same not matter if you do it with ACDC, Scotcheer or in any other country.
You have to do a series of written test on tumbling, stunting and tosses for each level you are credentialing in.
You then take these with you to the examination and are asked to talk through what each person does during stunts and basket tosses as well as what progressions you would use. You then do the same for tumbling.
You can only be credentialed to the level you are working and you must have done a certain number of hours at the higher levels before you can do those exams.
I think there is a percentage you have to reach but I am honestly not sure what it is. I do know if you do not pass a level they will stop you at that level rather than making you do the rest of the exams.
I live in Northern Ireland so I understand what you mean about travelling, if we want to do anything with cheer, courses or even competitions we need to travel.
If you look up the credentialing section of the IASF website it should tell you a bit more and I know scotcheer and ACDC both run sessions.

Yeah the other courses will have no effect on credentialing however I would seriously recommend taking a course if you are new to coaching. I don't know a lot about the different course, the only ones offered here so far have been the UKCA ones which from what I have seen aren't that great and NCCSE which seems to have been quite good.

Future Cheer offer "fligth School" that will credntial your to IASF 1+2 or 3,4,5(if you already have 1+2). It is a fantastic course if you havn't coached before, it covers ethics of cheer, organisation of a team, how to please the judges, plus hands on demos of coaching stunts upto level 2 from pyramids to toss, plus TUMBLING in 2010 it was ran lisa from SPRING tumbling and it was so informative.

If you have coached be for and are looking to recredntial in the South of the UK you can contact Tori Hardy on facebook as an IASF regional represenative she can credential you upto IASF level 5.

xoxo

I did mine with Tori Hardy (Unity coach) at JAMfest and she was fantastic. She was easy to get in touch with and helped me out a LOT whilst I was learning the material. I would really recommend her to anyone!

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
I have now got my credentialling booked with Tori for next month :)
LucyEmma what sort of format did it take with Tori? Did she just ask questions or give you example situations?

Bascially she took me aside, and went through a few questions such as, (I did upto level 3) what does the flyer do in a twist cradle? You simply have to say what the flyer should do such as lift with shoulders then pull arms straight down tightly or whatever and she has a checklist of what you should be saying but you don't have to say it word for word, she interprets what you're saying as everyone has different ways of teaching things! If you download the book from the usasf site for coaches, it explains what each person should do in certain stunts. She's really friendly about it and makes sure you understand everything!

Bascially she took me aside, and went through a few questions such as, (I did upto level 3) what does the flyer do in a twist cradle? You simply have to say what the flyer should do such as lift with shoulders then pull arms straight down tightly or whatever and she has a checklist of what you should be saying but you don't have to say it word for word, she interprets what you're saying as everyone has different ways of teaching things! If you download the book from the usasf site for coaches, it explains what each person should do in certain stunts. She's really friendly about it and makes sure you understand everything!

Thanks very much for that, made me feel a bit less nervous haha.

I was so nervous as I didn't know what to expect but she's really great! It was over and done in about 20 mins! Just print out all the teaching material (ask her for password for usasf site) and make sure you study it then you will be fine!

HannahLou I know how you feel, I was really nervous once I decided to do mine but it really is ok.
Just learn the material and it will go so fast you will be surprised how quickly you are finished.
What levels are you doing?
Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to send me a message, I only did all mine in August so its still fresh in my head, well kinda fresh
biggrin.png

Back