All-Star Best Jumps Photos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The main reason I love this video, and one of my bigger pet peeves in cheer (I have a lot, in case you haven't noticed), the male jumper jumps higher than the female, but he still stays on time with her, and tucks in sync with her. I can't tell you how much I hate watching guys jump higher and off time, and tuck at a different time.

What gym is this?

Is that the coaches fault or the athletes fault?

I think a lot of work goes into really good jumps that regular practice just can't contain with all the work that goes into stunting and tumbling. Good jumps (for most) take a LOT of conditioning and stretching and working on proper technique. Also, for most teams these days, it's just an afterthought in a routine. Or at least it seems that way. "Okay get through these few seconds doing your 4 to tuck and move on"

i do believe it falls on both mainly the athletes but it should be the coaches that show the athletes proper technique on how to heighten and improve their jumps
I disagree. I think coaches need to expect and require good jumps. I think a lot of coaches don't look at jumps at tryouts nearly as much as they should, don't work on the jumps with the teams, and doesn't DEMAND good jumps from their athletes. At my old gym my coach didn't really care how our jumps looked, it was all about the tumbling. I spent hours in the gym extra, and it was all all spent on tumbling because that was my coaches priority.

I disagree. I think coaches need to expect and require good jumps. I think a lot of coaches don't look at jumps at tryouts nearly as much as they should, don't work on the jumps with the teams, and doesn't DEMAND good jumps from their athletes. At my old gym my coach didn't really care how our jumps looked, it was all about the tumbling. I spent hours in the gym extra, and it was all all spent on tumbling because that was my coaches priority.
Thats what I think is happening. I know in the summer we spend a lot of time on jumps and tumbling. Than when season starts I totally forget to work jumps. It has been bothering me so I am trying to work more jumps my practices.

charlotte.jpg

I don't know who he is but he's been my computer background for about six months.
His name is Baxter Morgan, and his jumps have been featured on several competition company brochures!!!

The main reason I love this video, and one of my bigger pet peeves in cheer (I have a lot, in case you haven't noticed), the male jumper jumps higher than the female, but he still stays on time with her, and tucks in sync with her. I can't tell you how much I hate watching guys jump higher and off time, and tuck at a different time.

i no him!!!!!!

Back