All-Star Best Jumps Photos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not the best picture but theyre getting better. :)

707vqw.jpg
To quote you "MEOW"

these are 3 of my toetouches from today :)

looks like im crying here
2qjlzm8.jpg

this one is just....
28ktses.jpg

someone had their bowl of fierce-o's this morning
22nygn.jpg

I'm 100% dead serious. With all the events I judge and routines I see....I'm sick of seeing crappy pikes. They are an advanced level jump, and should be done correctly.
Add to my list: piked "layouts", faked 360s, and "Fulls" or "Doubles" that only go 3/4 or 1-3/4 of the way around.
I'm tired of this "just chuck it" mentality. No, don't just chuck it. Teach proper progressions, combined with strength and conditioning, so that the athletes can do the skills properly.
You don't have to like or agree with my opinion.

In lots of ways I TOTALLY AGREE with you!!
However this isn't Gymnastics, and its not as if anyone's doing anything about it. Hell if i could even chuck a faked anything i'd be soaring sky high (WHICH IS wrong!! and i know it). all I'm saying is I totally understand but in some ways i think i'd do it if i could just because i could get away with it...

In lots of ways I TOTALLY AGREE with you!!
However this isn't Gymnastics, and its not as if anyone's doing anything about it. Hell if i could even chuck a faked anything i'd be soaring sky high (WHICH IS wrong!! and i know it). all I'm saying is I totally understand but in some ways i think i'd do it if i could just because i could get away with it...

That's the problem though. When we (judges, EPs) allow teams to get away with half-done skills, the coaches will continue to put them in. In another post, someone mentioned that the leveling system needs to become more like gymnastics-where you have to master the skills at each level before moving up. It's not just a matter of being able to throw a crappy back handspring where your head bumps the floor and you land on your knees to be able to move up, you have to do a pretty one-where you actually complete it without killing any brain cells and land on your feet.
We need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

MissBee said:
That's the problem though. When we (judges, EPs) allow teams to get away with half-done skills, the coaches will continue to put them in. In another post, someone mentioned that the leveling system needs to become more like gymnastics-where you have to master the skills at each level before moving up. It's not just a matter of being able to throw a crappy back handspring where your head bumps the floor and you land on your knees to be able to move up, you have to do a pretty one-where you actually complete it without killing any brain cells and land on your feet.
We need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

No back head springs allowed.

jumps are my routine pet peeve...i am SO tired of seeing crappy jumps!!! my daughter's team works jump to tuck EVERY practice along with some massive conditioning! and it pays off. not saying that everyone on the team has SUPER fantasic jumps, but i think you can definately tell it's something that they continually work on. and I hate the 'nuggeting' in the back!!

Back