Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

bad sportsmanship-we are all competing for the same thing: a trophy and a first place title so if you are lucky enough to be the team that wins, don't be cocky and rude about it. also when gyms are full of themselves-no matter if you have one worlds or have never even been, nobody has the right to walk around like they are above someone else and treat people with disrespect.

I also hate paying 20 dollars a day to get in! Then you have to buy a program! Call me cheap but I think I pay enough for my daughter to cheer and 20 dollars is way too high!

We once had a comp run early. Madness, I know! I almost missed an event because they were running a full hour or half hour early. I know comps usually run late, but running early isn't exactly unavoidable. Pretty sure some parents missed seeing their kids compete too.

But in general, the freezing warm up areas and long awards ceremony's are the worst!!

Bright lights. People that stand in front of you. Music that should not be in a routine. The girls that dont know what their doing in their facials. Bad sportsmanship. Counting on the floor outloud. Slow dances. I could go on and on.

when teams cheer when second is called because they know they got first... if u wait a couple more seconds u will be able to cheer and not spoil the excitement of another team!

i hate it when the competition is running behind and it messes up your warm up time ,meeting times ,performance times and awards . i cannot stand it when you get up at four in the am to be there by 6 for tiny and minis and they are already and hour behind

Mine is when the 2nd place team gets called & the team that knows their getting first starts jumping up & downn . Just wait until 1st place is calledd !

1. Paying $20+ per day to get in, even for the siblings who are like 8.
2. Pictures that cost $20 per sheet - include it in the comp fees and give us the whole disk, like at Worlds. Even when I get the disk there's only maybe 4 or 5 good ones of my own cp anyway.
3. Not being allowed to bring in food - not everyone eats pizza and nachos!
4. Please don't stand in the aisle talking while my cp's on the stage, or stand there looking for a seat while any team is performing. Don't you realize that people may be actually trying to watch the team on stage?

competitions in a high school gym/ competitions that have a bad warm up area.
being rude....
waiting a million hours before you go on the mat after warm ups... this year at NCA there ended up being a judges break before we went on so it was literally like 10/15 minutes just standing there waiting.

Back