OT Black Friday 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I wasn't planning to buy anything, but I went into J.Crew and everything was 50% off. Sooo yeah. But after that my friends and I left cause everything was a bit too hectic.

Here's how black friday went down for me and my mom..
Journeyed over to the mall where a majority of the stores opened at midnight. Our first store to go to was Belk. Line was wrapped all the way down to another department store..so we went inside said Sears and laid on the beds for an hour till the mall opened.
I really enjoyed your whole post but especially this line. Genius move.
And someone really snatched boots out of your hands? :eek: This is why I stay home.

We never left the house. Just sat on the sofa in a sea of laptops and credit cards and followed all the deals online. Hot fantastic deals and didn't have to fight or shove anyone, or have things snatched from me. No lines either.

I know some people like all that mess,but I worked retail so long I can't imagine the deal that would get me out of the house on black Friday???

The day I used to like was the mall I worked at had one night they were open overnight (beginning of December). It was called something like "Magical Midnight". It was technically free to get in, but they asked for a donation at the entrance. Once inside, all the stores had crazy black-Friday-like deals, and food/drinks/champagne. It was so much fun! And waaaaaaay less people than Black Friday. The whole thing was for charity, so there were ways to donate all over the place (and reps from all sorts of charities). I worked it almost every year, and I have to say it was my favorite day to work of the whole year. (We all dressed up in our fancy clothes, and you know I loooooove sparkle! :D)

Stupid posting too soon....
Oh man, we started at Sears at 8pm and everything I wanted was sold out. Cheapest TV was $300. The answer was no for me. Had to wait in a line for the escalator. I then went to stand in line at Target waiting for that to open and scored a $18 king sized blanket and single cup coffee maker for $8 that fits in luggage for those cheer comps where my hotel has no coffee. AWESOME.
I went to the mall and got VS sports bras at buy one get one 1/2 off but that was about it. Everything was sold out at midnight. Sephora was out of all the $10 deals so I went to sit outside of JC Penney and bought mascara right when they opened. We watched people swear and fight over waffle makers which was pretty hilarious.
I finished the day by buying some really nice memory foam pillows from Carson's. They were $20 and usually $80 so it was a great deal. My family ended up wanting a bunch too so I ended up going back.
I got some tool stuff too from Home Depot so that was exciting I guess? Oh and random DVDs along the way. I really wish black backpacks were on sale, I am in need of a new one and going to Michael's today to buy some Hotfix stones with a coupon for my cheer bag.

Some of y'all asked for the link to what I'm selling-
Pictures by laceydunn - Photobucket

There are brand new: Nfinity Pheonixs (size 7 and 8), Evolutions (7s), Venegance (7.5s), Varsity shoes (7.5), as well as used Nikes, used Pheonixs, used Varsitys. And backpacks, lots of t-shirts from Ace, Cali, Stingrays, Fame, GA, and etc. Trying to get rid of all this cheer stuff cause I have way to much and don't need it in college. Check it out and PM me. Mostly someone please buy these shoes!!!!!

Back