All-Star Blinged Out Nca Jackets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay I found this thread and I would just like to get Fierceboarders thoughts on blinging an NCA, Cheersport or American Cheer Power leather jacket. My daughter wants to bling her NCA one and I am on the fence about it honestly. First I would never attempt to do this myself because I would never want to mess something up that is one of her most prized possessions from cheer. Secondly she is in high school and she loves her bling but in a few years when she graduates she might not feel the same way. I don't see anytime in the forseeable future where either one of us would want to part with the jacket. Then I considered blinging maybe the Cheersport, or American Cheer Power one! Your thoughts please! Thanks for you opinions.

A mom on this board from my kids team blinged the ACA and Cheerpower jackets they won last year! I'll see if I can find pics!!

A mom on this board from my kids team blinged the ACA and Cheerpower jackets they won last year! I'll see if I can find pics!!

The best pics I could find

va7atumu.jpg

zubybare.jpg

Okay I found this thread and I would just like to get Fierceboarders thoughts on blinging an NCA, Cheersport or American Cheer Power leather jacket. My daughter wants to bling her NCA one and I am on the fence about it honestly. First I would never attempt to do this myself because I would never want to mess something up that is one of her most prized possessions from cheer. Secondly she is in high school and she loves her bling but in a few years when she graduates she might not feel the same way. I don't see anytime in the forseeable future where either one of us would want to part with the jacket. Then I considered blinging maybe the Cheersport, or American Cheer Power one! Your thoughts please! Thanks for you opinions.

I've struggled with this too because my cp wants to bling hers. I've thought of maybe blinging certain parts of it and not the whole thing. One girl from our gym, her mom spent hours and hours doing the whole back logo area and I have to say, it's pretty cool looking, and I'm not a huge bling fan. My problem is, I don't know the first thing about applying the bling and I don't know anyone who does it. So for now, I don't have to deal with it. ;)
So I guess my point of all this, maybe just do a little bling and not the whole logo? Just my opinion.

If you are going to bling it, do a trial jacket first (one of the other 2 jackets). Give it a little while to see if your cp gets over the bling fascination and if not, then think about maybe blinging for christmas or something (take a pic of the jacket non blinged to remember it by). That way you are sure that you like how the rhinestoning is done with the first jacket (if you rhinestone yourself then you get some practice in before the big jacket, and if someone else does it, you make sure that they do a good job on jackets in the first place) and don't rush into anything. Honestly, once you get to college it's not like you run around in national champion jackets or stuff you got in high school typically (unless it is a college nationals hoodie or something) so depending on how old she is, you might as well enjoy the jacket while you can.

Thank you for the replies!

Is Bling It On the place that has done some of the jackets in Texas?

She is 15 and possibly.

I personally would wait until i had a second jacket and bling one out. That might be easy for me to say since cp is young and has multiple :oops: but really, bling is fun a 15 and maybe would want the real original one for keepsake, ya know?

That's what I'm doing...
Her 1st one was such and emotional win I wouldn't want to mess it up! Maybe if she wins a 2nd one I'll do that one. I did have the year and division professionally embroidered on all of her jackets so she can keep track of what year each was won. I also write the same on the back of any medals she gets.

I'm hoping for some down time this summer when I'm 100% caught up with the things I'm blinging for other folks to bling my CP's Cheer Power jacket. She has been begging me to do it for her. It's like the cobblers kid having no shoes...lol!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

That's what I'm doing...
Her 1st one was such and emotional win I wouldn't want to mess it up! Maybe if she wins a 2nd one I'll do that one. I did have the year and division professionally embroidered on all of her jackets so she can keep track of what year each was won. I also write the same on the back of any medals she gets.

That's a great idea with the medals. Wish I would have thought of doing that. Mine has shelves with hooks underneath and she had her medals all hanging from them. She has them sorted by EP though not by year.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back