All-Star Block Schedule Worlds!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok so here is a question about prelims and semi-finals for small senior 5. They compete at 8 am on Saturday if they got an at-large bid. Then they take the top % (please tell me what % that is or how many teams) and they move to the semi-finals later on Saturday where they also add in all the paid and partial paid bid winners. From the semi-finals they will take only 25 teams to move on to the actual finals. Do I have it right? So it is possible some pretty talented "paid bid winners" will not even make it to finals?

On another note (I know this has been beaten to death) but I was at a competition in March and out of the 13 teams competing in Sm senior 5 all girl - so many teams had already got their bids and the last 3 places ended up with bids. They scored in the mid 8 range. Seriously why take these poor kids money? I know it is for bragging rights but come on. Sitting in the stands last year a parent of a very well known team said to me "thank goodness for those teams that come and don't have a shot or we would be paying a fortune". She was not being mean at all we were just talking about how many teams we had to sit through and felt bad for. And there were lotssssss!

Finally, they need to put the World's finalist shirts behind a counter and have to prove you made it to finals to get one. I can't tell you how many teams bought them and didn't make it to finals. JMO

Good luck everyone going to World's.

Do they release another schedule with team names on Saturday night for Sunday once the places and finalists are announced?
Yes. I believe the put it online and then also hang it up in both arenas!

Also, you can convert the PDF to excel. Erase all the spots where the team names go. Then on day 1 after results are released, fill in the blanks.

I think the USASF needs to take the Southwest Airlines approach where "Everyone flies first class" If you are going to use airplane anologies - When you fly first class - You have to pay more... Which Small Limited is one of the biggest divisions so you would think they bring in a lot of revenue.

I agree that Worlds is Worlds and we should be greatful. As a competitor, I have ONLY been in the Jostens center to compete. It didnt feel like Worlds. I got a bigger thrill competing at Cheersport and Jamfest Indy then I did at Worlds in Jostens. Thats not the feeling I want my kids to have - but either way, Im happy my team is going to Worlds and we will still do our best!
You should be Grateful to your parents, coaches, teammates and friends. But not grateful to the usasf. The USASF worlds is a Business. The competition is held as a business proposition. You paid a fee to enter this competition (even if you got a paid bid, you still have paid to be there). So don't be grateful to worlds just to be there.

No ones upset about competing, they are upset one venue is better than the other. There aren't pictures of teams competing at Jostens on the USASF website showing the venue filled with people... Its of the Milkhouse.

As long as the two aren't equal, and they arent, people will complain. Stuff won't change mind you, but we feel better venting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
But stuff should change! because the last time i checked the USASF was in business. For a business to charge the same fee to everyone, yet deliver unequal services or products is not only bad business practice , but discrimination!!! Now i don't remember getting a discount in price because my kids were competing in the makeshift venue. So the USASF needs to step up.

But stuff should change! because the last time i checked the USASF was in business. For a business to charge the same fee to everyone, yet deliver unequal services or products is not only bad business practice , but discrimination!!! Now i don't remember getting a discount in price because my kids were competing in the makeshift venue. So the USASF needs to step up.

Did you read my post #142 in this thread?

Be sure to drink NOTHING at Worlds. No coffee, nothing with caffeine for sure. Dehydration is the key to staying in your seat. Bring lots of gum instead lol.

Yes! Try not eating either, it will lessen the chances of you getting up to use the restroom and therefore lessen the chances of someone taking your seat :)

So why are so many people saying it's so hard to get out of the Milkhouse to go 100 feet to Josten? Just curious. I've never been, so consider this my Worlds For Dummies lesson.

Walking out of the globe this year should definitely make a difference. However, basically the reason why people are complaining is because Josten's doesn't have the crowd of the Milkhouse. The Milkhouse has more of an arena-type seating style and it's where (I believe) every senior team used to compete. So, people are used to being there and it's where a lot of the "infamous" divisions are if you will. By "infamous" divisions I mean Large Senior, Semi-Limited (basically the old Large CoEd division), etc. Imagine if you've ever been to the arena in Dallas and the Halls.... Josten's=Hall, Milkhouse=Arena. But.... That's just my view on it... Others may feel differently!

[quote="Josten's=Hall, Milkhouse=Arena. [/quote]

Somehow, that one little statement said it all lol. Everyone kept complaining and commenting about the globe and the ramp. This is my first time attending Worlds, so I have no idea what the setup is like and honestly, it just sounded like a bunch of ppl crying over spilled milk. I chuckled after I read your post because I now have a tad bit of sympathy for those that have Josten's for both days. I still think it's a privilege within itself to even be on the schedule to compete. but that's JMO.

Can someone explain why some teams in the small senior division do not have to compete in the prelims? I'm really confused.

Can someone explain why some teams in the small senior division do not have to compete in the prelims? I'm really confused.

At large bids have to compete in prelims in divisions with greater than 40 teams (Small Senior and Small Lim). 50% move to compete in Semi-Finals with the Paid and Partial Paid bids. 50% of Semi-Finals move on to compete in Finals

Latest posts

Back