All-Star Block Schedule Worlds!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

to some gyms, worlds isn't a privilege but a standard and i don't think anyone is too out of line expressing their opinions on a public forum. it's just a little disappointing for athletes who have been in attendance throughout the years and if you're a senior you now have to finish your entire cheer career in a venue that's not as nice. and small limited is the only senior division singled out, so to speak. at this point it is what it is and they have compete where they are told to compete but i don't it's right for you to tell people to "stfu" over it because the cheer gods have deemed it not important to discuss. there have been plenty of threads and postings that have gone on waaaay too long but we continued to let it happen. this discussion of the josten/milkhouse debacle is still relatively new and i don't think the horse is dead quite yet. i just don't see why it's such an issue to express discontent on these boards for certain issues. personally i know that i am not a complainer on these boards but i think this is a valid discussion and frankly a little refreshing from the norm susie jokes and obsession with maddie and what she had for lunch...

Yes...but what did Maddie have for lunch?

Yes, but it's like whining about winning the lottery when you only win $10,000 instead of $100,000.

True again, but if I had the opportunity to win 100,000 or 10,000 and only won the 10,000....I may whine alittle, though grateful for the 10,000!

not competing at the milkhouse is like not competing at the arena in dallas. do you love your jacket if you win it in hall a? of course but the atmosphere is just so much better in the arena. oh well. the venue could be in a shoebox and the teams better rock it out regardless.
Amen!!

Question: How much would it cost for the USASF to just make another "worlds prop" and have the entrance onto the floor in Josten's be the same as the entrance onto the floor in the Milkhouse?? Wouldn't that be the simple answer to all the disappointment??
If A Hall had the same light show, would it be the same as the Arena?

I can't believe I'm competiting in the Jostens instead of the Milkhouse :/ It's just not the same feeling...

to some gyms, worlds isn't a privilege but a standard and i don't think anyone is too out of line expressing their opinions on a public forum. it's just a little disappointing for athletes who have been in attendance throughout the years and if you're a senior you now have to finish your entire cheer career in a venue that's not as nice. and small limited is the only senior division singled out, so to speak. at this point it is what it is and they have compete where they are told to compete but i don't it's right for you to tell people to "stfu" over it because the cheer gods have deemed it not important to discuss. there have been plenty of threads and postings that have gone on waaaay too long but we continued to let it happen. this discussion of the josten/milkhouse debacle is still relatively new and i don't think the horse is dead quite yet. i just don't see why it's such an issue to express discontent on these boards for certain issues. personally i know that i am not a complainer on these boards but i think this is a valid discussion and frankly a little refreshing from the norm susie jokes and obsession with maddie and what she had for lunch...

AMEN!

I totally think the Jostens center is lame
The audience isn't the same
seating isnt the same
lighting isnt the same
backdrop isnt the same

And i still think for a lot of people, worlds is about the experience.

I agree with @blunchin in some aspects. A lot of the top teams seem to be back year after year.
And i am sure there is a way to make it so they could alternate.

But to tell you the truth. I dont think the IASF could give 2 $H!+s where you all competed.

I totally think the Jostens center is lame
The audience isn't the same
seating isnt the same
lighting isnt the same
backdrop isnt the same

And i still think for a lot of people, worlds is about the experience.

I agree with @blunchin in some aspects. A lot of the top teams seem to be back year after year.
And i am sure there is a way to make it so they could alternate.

But to tell you the truth. I dont think the IASF could give 2 $H!+s where you all competed.

i mean at the end of the day both venues are giving out the same toys. but you're definitely right that josten < milkhouse. perhaps next year they will go back to the alternating between venues.

Frankly that comment wasn't my proudest moment. Still don't like all the whining, but a big part of the comment was directed at the people that don't read anything or spend any time trying to find an answer and just want to pop off about something.

Frankly that comment wasn't my proudest moment. Still don't like all the whining, but a big part of the comment was directed at the people that don't read anything or spend any time trying to find an answer and just want to pop off about something.

that's what i thought and i agree, people need to do a little more critical reading when it comes to the threads. on another note, is it weird that i love you said "pop off"?

The issue with Jostens is that this is worlds. To tell you the truth. I wouldn't even like competing at Jostens for a national competition. Athletic championships in RI had a similar set up to jostens minus the bleachers on the side... but at least they had flashing lights and a fun back drop.

To me... the venue that Cheer Tech had their bid comp at in December is comparable to Jostens, minus the cleanliness. And that is the furthest thing from a compliment i could ever say.

I get what you all are saying. And I admittedly got noticeably excited when I saw my CP would be in the Milkhouse both days. So I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with Josten's. Just a lot of people were talking about it not feeling the same as when you "walk around the globe" in the Milkhouse. I just thought maybe if the USASF spent some $$ on making Josten's "feel" the same as the Milkhouse maybe it would be better. Cause let's face it, there's no way they can fit every division and every team in the Milkhouse so someone has to compete in Josten's. So what I'm thinking is, let's think of some ways to make the most of it. What could the USASF do (cause we all know they read this board, wink wink), to make it the best experience possible for every team in every division?

From what I was told it is due to the Cameras that are in the milkhouse/field house for ESPN. ESPN pitches to a more "girl crowd" for a cheer comp, so they feel that all-girl divisions should be held in the milkhouse/field house due to taping, and lrg lmtd and unltd are smaller divisions to fit in. Now this is what I "heard" from a good source but please don't take it as MY opinion, I disagree 100% but it is somewhat of an explanation.
@Mclovin I do appreciate what you are saying which is basically...it has to happen so is there something that can be done to help those in the Jostens Center. I don't think there is an answer but I wish more of the "powers that be" would take that in to consideration and make an attempt.

Back