All-Star Cancel Cheersport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just peeked out my window at 1030 am. Roads are a little slushy, but we've got sun and I live in Queens so I'm not surprised.

I'm still super surprised MT pulled out as early as they did. I would imagine, being further south than NE teams, they would have been able to drive/fly much easier. Maybe since they're a large gym they didn't want to risk trying to get everyone there?
The DC area got about 12-20 inches of snow depending on where you are, that's quite a lot for us. Most flights yesterday and a lot of flights this morning were cancelled and the roads were pretty bad yesterday and early this morning. Leaving yesterday would have been pretty much impossible, some could probably have gotten there today but they do have a lot of athletes and it would have been hard to make sure they all got there. Although Maryland/DC/Virginia seems a little further north, we don't handle snow very well because we really don't get it that often, especially over a foot.

We ended up canceling last night some people couldn't get flights rescheduled any earlier then Monday and alot of families were driving and it snowed until early this morning so the gym staff decided it was in the best interest of everyone's safety to not try to make the journey we will miss being there this year but time to get ready for NCA

I hope everyone who has traveled/is traveling made/makes it to Atlanta safely.

Meanwhile, we're sweatin up a storm over here in Cali. Does mother nature not remember that it's February?!

Eta: Wow okay huge picture I'm sorry
2eluovp.png

It was NO fun! We finally arrived here in Atlanta at 12:30 yesterday afternoon....23 hours after we left Boston! Should have taken us 17-18 as we drove straight through with 2 quick stops. Maryland was a nightmare! Just glad we rented a car and can fly home! Also thrilled that ALL of Full House's athletes and coaches made it safely and in time for practices lady night! Good luck this weekend everyone!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It was NO fun! We finally arrived here in Atlanta at 12:30 yesterday afternoon....23 hours after we left Boston! Should have taken us 17-18 as we drove straight through with 2 quick stops. Maryland was a nightmare! Just glad we rented a car and can fly home! Also thrilled that ALL of Full House's athletes and coaches made it safely and in time for practices lady night! Good luck this weekend everyone!!!

Glad you all made it safe... I'm sure it was a tough journey!!! Snow here in Boston again today!!! Good luck this weekend!!!

Please pray for one of @CoachMandiCF 's athletes!! I just saw on twitter that one of her little girls had a medical emergency during her flight to ATL this morning and is not doing well. Pray for healing and strength, wisdom for the doctors, and love for her family and teammates
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I just saw this. She's doing better now. They don't know what caused the seizures and she doesn't remember anything from the flight or being in the hospital. Scary few days.

A bunch of the New England teams/athletes have had their flights cancelled. I saw that Jason from Pro Athletics is driving out through Ohio rather than straight down 95 to try and avoid the storm (a 22 hour drive). Crazy, all the gym owners are joking about crossing over athletes to other gyms to help out or creating a "New England All Stars" with the kids that do make it down. I think at least one gym has decided not to go.

I just don't think Cheersport can cancel. They certainly can't reschedule - wayyyy too many plans an arrangements have been made.

10750_10202476875816836_1668335363_n.jpg
this was the best route ever! only took us 20 hours!

Back