OT Casey Anthony Trial

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
my mistake, i knew she couldn't be tried by the state again...but i thought i heard on the news last night that she could be taken to court on a higher level, but that they were almost positive that was not going to happen...i must have misunderstood.
she can be sued in civil court...meaning someone can sue her for wrongful death...the burden of proof is less...oj simpson got off criminal but was found guilty in civil to the tune of like 33 million or something like that...no jail...just money

she can be sued in civil court...meaning someone can sue her for wrongful death...the burden of proof is less...oj simpson got off criminal but was found guilty in civil to the tune of like 33 million or something like that...no jail...just money
thanks for clearing that up!

Please, give other children the smidgen of justice that wasn't given to Caylee and sign the change.org petition for Caylee's Law..it's growing at a shocking rate (one of the fastest growing petitions in change.org's brief history) and it needs the support of everyone out there.

All the lies she told though....that Caylee was kidnapped, then it was that she was with the nanny (who was a made up person) and then it was that the (fictitious) nanny kidnapped her.....it wasn't until the trial started that this "accidental drowning" story came out. If that was what truly happened, this would have played out differently. Why were there chloroform searches on the computer?

Know what else is interesting? Casey said that Caylee was with "her nanny, Zanny"..."Zanny" is a name for the drug Xanax, which will knock out a toddler....hmmm, was Casey drugging Caylee so she could go out and party? My guess is yes! Her parents were on her case about always leaving Caylee with them to babysit so she could go out....so she stopped leaving Caylee with them. She made up this babysitter named "Zanny" and was drugging Caylee with enough Xanax to knock her out for the night. Well, one night it was too much Zanny and she ODd. Casey panicked and dumped the body and continued on with her lying about where Caylee was. So, Caylee's death was accidental in that she wasn't murdered, but she was killed by her mother's stupid and atrocious actions.

The consensus here since this is all that has been on the local television stations, and has been discussed by many local legal anaylist/local lawyers, etc...is that Casey drugged Caylee with Chloroform to knock her out so she could go out and party....not wanting to have to keep asking her parents to babysit while she was out partying. Caylee may have been left in the car knocked out (even in the trunk).. This could have been the first time, or one of a few times that she did this. Caylee ended up dying due to the chloroform drugging. Casey then had to hide the fact that Caylee died. She put the duct tape over Caylee's mouth/nose after the fact to make it look like a kidnapping/murder -She probably had Caylee's body in the trunk of her car for awhile trying to figure out what to do, therefore resulting in the decomp smell in the car. That is why there was none of Caylee's DNA on the duct tape...she was already dead and the duct tape was part of the cover up. They found the same exact luggage set that Caylee was put in (garment bag) in the Anthony home, as well as the same duct tape, and the same heart stickers in the home (a heart sticker was placed on the duct tape). The area that Caylee's body was found in is just down the street from the Athony home...and a place that the Anothy's have buried family pets in the past. This is the reason why the first version, aka the lie about Caylee being kidnapped by the Nanny was used by Casey. She knew all along that Caylee was dead, and went on about her life - for 31 days, until her mother called the police. The "drowning" scenerio was a tactic just used by the defense (only brought up in the trial)...but yet that was what the jury chose to believe "could" have happened, therefore not guilty...overlooking the fact that if the defense admits this is what happened, since it was an "accident" it is ok in how Caylee was disposed of and how Casey went on with her life? The defense went as far as to say that Casey's father, came home found out about the drowning and HE disposed of the body (defense making Casey out to be a victim of sexual molestation and therefore not at fault)the defense made sure they didn't even put Casay in any kind of blame role in what happened to Caylee and how she was disposed of...so that scenerio seemed more plausible to the jury than than prosecutions case....very disappointing...I do think the Prosecution should have used a different approach and a few lesser charges as manslaughter - and given the jury information on how they think caylee died - by cholorform overdose..and what they think exactly happened so the jury had that information to weigh against what the defense used. Aggravated child abuse resulting in death... I just think the prosecution thinks they had caught Casey in so many lies that the jury would see that, but apparantly not..

Since they're claiming that she drowned and that's where they hid the body, can't they be charged with abusing a corpse?
That's a felony, and I believe she could be charged with that-since it wasn't a charge in the case.

Yep. But thats the prosecutor's fault, not the law.

Could a higher court take her to trial? Because I know the law says that they can be convicted on a state and federal level seperately.

she can never be tried again for this, even if she writes a book and says that she did it. You can only be tried once.

Since they're claiming that she drowned and that's where they hid the body, can't they be charged with abusing a corpse?
That's a felony, and I believe she could be charged with that-since it wasn't a charge in the case.

They could have and should have but did not. No more action can be taken with her except for a civil trial..

she should have been found guilty on the negligence charge...she was the parent and the baby died on her watch...jury on crack

She will be sentenced Thursday on the Lying charges...She had/has previous charges of check/credit fraud also - that she may have been serving time for while waiting for her trial. (I am unsure if it was probation, or jail time - she has a history of stealing from a friend, her parents, and grandfather in a nursing home). Was caught on a Target surveillance camera using stolen check/credit card... So, she may still get time added for the lying charges instead of time served, since some of the time served was for the check fraud charges. She can be potentially freed Thursday though, depending on how the judge will sentence her - if he agrees to the time served. She also has a civil suit pending from a woman with the same name that Casey claimed was the Nanny that kidnapped Caylee...that lady has a slander case I think...and had been questioned about the kidnapping....and her name being used in conjunction with a fabricated kidnapping.

She will be sentenced Thursday on the Lying charges...She had/has previous charges of check/credit fraud also - that she may have been serving time for while waiting for her trial. (I am unsure if it was probation, or jail time - she has a history of stealing from a friend, her parents, and grandfather in a nursing home). Was caught on a Target surveillance camera using stolen check/credit card... So, she may still get time added for the lying charges instead of time served, since some of the time served was for the check fraud charges. She can be potentially freed Thursday though, depending on how the judge will sentence her - if he agrees to the time served. She also has a civil suit pending from a woman with the same name that Casey claimed was the Nanny that kidnapped Caylee...that lady has a slander case I think...and had been questioned about the kidnapping....and her name being used in conjunction with a fabricated kidnapping.
truth be told...she will indeed be like oj and not be able to stay out of trouble...sad she didnt just give the baby to her parents though...:(

If that jury said thought was not enough to prove her guilty they could have declared a hung jury and thrown it back out to go to retrial. It happens ALL THE TIME. If they thought that there was a chance she was guilty and that more evidence could prove this there was a way to not get that verdict out. They took an awfully short time to determine the woman's fate. Ihave studied for exams longer then they took to find a verdict. They did not ask to review the evidence and from sources some of them stopped taking notes towards the end to the trial. Seems to me they really didn't care too much about justice but instead wanted to go home to their families.

I would love to know what people like Martha Stewart and Michael Vick have to say about this. Martha was put in prision for money landering and Michael Vick for dog fighting. They went to PRISION while this woman can kill her child, or even let the child drown and hide the body, and will walk out free as a bird.

I have a cousin who is in jail right now for stealing a pack of cigarettes and was originally facing 15 years in prision. That is right 15 YEARS for breaking into a store and stealing a pack of cigarettes not money involved. The State refuses to let him off the hook so he has got it down to 15 months in PRISION. They are going to send him, a first time offender, to prision while Casey Anthony walks free.

I am a huge supporter of the justice system. Heck I have spent the last 5 years of my life studying it, but never will I understand how something like this happened. Sure there was not a crap ton of evidence, but it only took a bit of common sense to see the truth. Did they not listen to the medical examiner who made sure to say it MANY times that the drowning story did NOT fit the crime? How about the signs of a rotting body in the back of a car? The duct tape put over an innocent little girl's mouth that just happened to have stickers and a heart on it. What killer is going to place stickers on a dead body's mouth?

If that jury said thought was not enough to prove her guilty they could have declared a hung jury and thrown it back out to go to retrial. It happens ALL THE TIME. If they thought that there was a chance she was guilty and that more evidence could prove this there was a way to not get that verdict out. They took an awfully short time to determine the woman's fate. Ihave studied for exams longer then they took to find a verdict. They did not ask to review the evidence and from sources some of them stopped taking notes towards the end to the trial. Seems to me they really didn't care too much about justice but instead wanted to go home to their families.

I would love to know what people like Martha Stewart and Michael Vick have to say about this. Martha was put in prision for money landering and Michael Vick for dog fighting. They went to PRISION while this woman can kill her child, or even let the child drown and hide the body, and will walk out free as a bird.

I have a cousin who is in jail right now for stealing a pack of cigarettes and was originally facing 15 years in prision. That is right 15 YEARS for breaking into a store and stealing a pack of cigarettes not money involved. The State refuses to let him off the hook so he has got it down to 15 months in PRISION. They are going to send him, a first time offender, to prision while Casey Anthony walks free.

I am a huge supporter of the justice system. Heck I have spent the last 5 years of my life studying it, but never will I understand how something like this happened. Sure there was not a crap ton of evidence, but it only took a bit of common sense to see the truth. Did they not listen to the medical examiner who made sure to say it MANY times that the drowning story did NOT fit the crime? How about the signs of a rotting body in the back of a car? The duct tape put over an innocent little girl's mouth that just happened to have stickers and a heart on it. What killer is going to place stickers on a dead body's mouth?

My husband thought for sure it would be a hung jury. They did not ask to review any evidence. There is also speculation that they ( jurors) knew before leaving the first day of deliberations that a verdict had been reached, as comments were made by news reporters that alot of the jurors came dressed up the following day (day of verdict)...and had not previously dressed like that...so they didn't even seem to deliberate more than a couple of hours at most, certainly not enough time to even go over thoroughly each count Casey was charged with. In a case like this, one would assume, that the jurors would at least go over the evidence presented, even if it seems circumstational - to try and see what the evidence actually revealed...which even though seems circumstational is quite alot, considering the whole picture of this case. I think they got confused at what to charge her with, and therefore just went with not guilty and saying not enough evidence.......but they certainly didn't make an attempt to ask questions or review the evidence.

I figured that because of hiding the body she could have been charged with the abuse charge, but no she was found not guilty of that.

My husband thought for sure it would be a hung jury. They did not ask to review any evidence. There is also speculation that they ( jurors) knew before leaving the first day of deliberations that a verdict had been reached, as comments were made by news reporters that alot of the jurors came dressed up the following day (day of verdict)...and had not previously dressed like that...so they didn't even seem to deliberate more than a couple of hours at most, certainly not enough time to even go over thoroughly each count Casey was charged with. In a case like this, one would assume, that the jurors would at least go over the evidence presented, even if it seems circumstational - to try and see what the evidence actually revealed...which even though seems circumstational is quite alot, considering the whole picture of this case. I think they got confused at what to charge her with, and therefore just went with not guilty and saying not enough evidence.......but they certainly didn't make an attempt to ask questions or review the evidence.

Yes! If you are sitting in on a jury for a death penalty case then you should be examining that evidence like crazy to make sure the right verdict has been reached. I had to sit in on a mock murder trial for the law school students and even for the mock trial it took a week for us to come to the verdict after going over every little piece of evidence. Whether or not a case is circumstantional does not make the evidence any less important.

If people want to say the Prosecution didn't do a good job at proving their case please show me where the Defense attorney proved his? I can't believe the man passed the bar and practices law he was that bad. If the prosecution didn't prove their case, neither did he so why didn't the jury go for a hung jury and hand the case over to a new jury in a new trial?

Latest posts

Back