All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LOL at merging the state with the most cheer drama and the program with the most cheer drama together. :confused:

But seriously, will they be fielding teams this season or waiting until the next? With how Illinois does things, I envision a mass exodus to be with this coach and zero releases being signed and online petitions and gofundmes to "free the athletes." I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if any of that happens.

I have to agree with the distance argument, but like others have said CA Charlotte does just fine. I think it'll be interesting adding in CEA to the mix in Illinois. Does anyone know when their first season is? I'm guessing the 16-17 season or 17-18?

I have to agree with the distance argument, but like others have said CA Charlotte does just fine. I think it'll be interesting adding in CEA to the mix in Illinois. Does anyone know when their first season is? I'm guessing the 16-17 season or 17-18?
A few athletes said by NCA of this year. I know people were tweeting that they left ICE/didn't show up for practice? I don't know, but it looks like they want to get started soon.

A few athletes said by NCA of this year. I know people were tweeting that they left ICE/didn't show up for practice? I don't know, but it looks like they want to get started soon.
Thanks! And wow already.. I'm sure CEA Illinois will be great but my parents would never let me leave mid season even if the Queen of England opened her own gym.

I wish this gym all the luck in the world. While it took me by surprise last night---just because of sheer distance (I was equally as surprised when CA decided to venture out to NC), I think it'll do a lot of good for the families who need or want a new cheer home or maybe even a cheer home closer to where they are. I mean, Chicago traffic is terrifying and my measley hour drive would literally be three hours up there.

I do think it'll be an interesting to watch more gyms spread out west. I don't think that area has any real megagyms out there, does it? I know Cali is in Nevada but I can't think of anything beyond that.

Cali has a location in Arizona also.

I don't have anything to offer on how CEA does business but I can say CA Charlotte feels very much a part of Cheer Athletics, distance notwithstanding.

Our coaches are frequently visiting back and forth, training in the "CA way" is ongoing and deliberate across the organization and (especially with the pairing of sister teams) it really does have a family feel regardless of distance. Oddly more so a family than any other gym we've been in other than one small local one in its heyday.

We were the only CA team in Indy this weekend (Jamfest not Majors, obviously) which meant only one of our three coaches came with us (the rest of the gym was at SOH so our other two coaches were with their other teams). The music table sits back with the judges stand which meant we had no coach at the front of the mat (and like 15 fans....it was just us parents of a small team [emoji23]) because he had to "hit play." So Saturday it was very sweet (but not actually surprising since he's come to our competitions personally before) to see @BlueCat himself down front and center cheering them on.

No idea how CEA expands, but CA has done an amazing job making a gym 1000 miles away feel like it's next door. Shoot it even looks the same inside, sometimes when you see video I have to pause to figure out whether it's charlotte or Plano. And the branding is great. It's nice when we are at competitions with other CA teams that were all wearing the same gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say that your daughter and her team were so incredibly friendly and welcoming to my team this weekend in Indy! They bonded in the warmup room on Day 1 and then your athletes made it a point to come watch us on Day 2. I also only had one team in attendance so perhaps we can organize our parents cheering for each other in the future. The sportsmanship between the two teams was so refreshing! Congrats on that At Large bid! I was surprised to see your kids come off the stage and run to take pictures and exchange numbers with my kids. Kudos to your kids and coaches for being so kind to us! Best wishes for the rest of your season.

I believe Cheer Athletics showed the way to do this properly by having staff that were already CA trained and capable being the ones to run the new distance location. It has their feel because it is not just a name or a brand, it is their product. Throwing your name on a gym does not automatically make it yours. It also has the possibility of dramatically cheapening your brand. JMO.

I have to say that your daughter and her team were so incredibly friendly and welcoming to my team this weekend in Indy! They bonded in the warmup room on Day 1 and then your athletes made it a point to come watch us on Day 2. I also only had one team in attendance so perhaps we can organize our parents cheering for each other in the future. The sportsmanship between the two teams was so refreshing! Congrats on that At Large bid! I was surprised to see your kids come off the stage and run to take pictures and exchange numbers with my kids. Kudos to your kids and coaches for being so kind to us! Best wishes for the rest of your season.
Awww yeah they talked about your kids. They really enjoyed them! My daughter is actually retired, my cp17 is the tallest boy on the team (the blond with the really deep voice). They are good kids, did the same thing with BSB last year cheering them on from behind the curtain because they were just...awesome! They sat together at awards too. It was a lot of fun for them.

So glad they got to meet with another team, I saw some of the pics popping up on Instagram! I hope they get to meet up again this season! Best of luck to you as well!!

I believe Cheer Athletics showed the way to do this properly by having staff that were already CA trained and capable being the ones to run the new distance location. It has their feel because it is not just a name or a brand, it is their product. Throwing your name on a gym does not automatically make it yours. It also has the possibility of dramatically cheapening your brand. JMO.
So much THIS. I know we're technically a satellite, but we feel like Texans [emoji23]

Someone from ICE Aurora said that 18 athletes have left their j5 team because of their coach leaving for CEA Illinois.

Also heard the entire R5 team she coaches did not show for practice yesterday/don't plan on coming back. As much as I love my coaches, my parents would not be happy about paying for the season and leaving halfway through.
I know what team you're talking about and I hadn't heard anything about that, but wow. Mine too. I think the coach could've definitely waited for this season to be over before breaking ties with ICE.

Back