Challenging Competition Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We were freaking out cause we got thought we got first and then they never even called our name. So we were left standing on the stage but they gave us last and didn't even give us a trophy or even a judges sheet. Our coach talked to them and they said that they would review the tape and get back to us but knowing that they won't do anything about it

At US Finals this past weekend our youth and junior teams got called out for doing an illegal pyramid meanwhile we had been doing it since January and the judges didnt tell us. The choreographer told us the pyramid was fine and the owner was very mad at the judges according to my mom.

Relying on a choreographer to tell you a pyramid is illegal is never a good plan. Just because you weren't called on it all season, doesn't mean it was legal all season. It could've been how you performed it that day that made it illegal, or it could be that previous judges missed it.

We were freaking out cause we got thought we got first and then they never even called our name. So we were left standing on the stage but they gave us last and didn't even give us a trophy or even a judges sheet. Our coach talked to them and they said that they would review the tape and get back to us but knowing that they won't do anything about it

wow! that's insane. do you think that they didn't even judge you?

Unless you talk to the head judge for that competition I have found that people seldom have the whole story.

Also keep in mind that every event producer has it's own method for counting deductions. They also each have their own method for asking questions about or disputing results. It's fair to ask how something got scored after the fact because you don't understand, but don't ask your mom, another coach, or a judge from any other competition.

Any good judge should tell you, "I don't judge for them so I can't say for sure, but. . . "

Back