Challenging Competition Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 13, 2011
I have always wondered how to challenge competition results when you know that something was judged wrongfully?

From what I understand (and I might be wrong) you can only challenge illegalities and deductions. For example if the judge said something was illegal and you knew it wasn't, you could challenge that. Challenging deductions is a little bit harder and rarely fruitful since it's your word against the judges' (she bobbled, no she didn't, yes she did etc...) You can also challenge/ point out mathematical errors such as 1 bobble is worth a one point deduction, but you got two points off. You can't challenge your score, because it's at the judges discretion. For example: You should have awarded more points for that _____. Or our score should be higher because our routine is more difficult/cleaner. Time is of the essence in challenging scores, and you usually have to do it before the end of the competition or right after awards

Thank you. This past season there was a team that did illegal stunts for our division and the judges didn't count them as illegal and they took first every time. It was a little bit frustrating when every coach in the building new they were doing illegal stunts.

Thank you. This past season there was a team that did illegal stunts for our division and the judges didn't count them as illegal and they took first every time. It was a little bit frustrating when every coach in the building new they were doing illegal stunts.

are you completely sure what they did was illegal? teams are always pushing the limits and tryign to find the loopholes to make things legal that may seem illega. i just think that with with multiple competitions and multiple judging panels that SOMEONE would have caught it

From what I understand , asking questions and asking to review difficulty scores and your routines are ok but you can't challenge a competitors routine or why team b got a higher difficulty score in a certain section

i think its fine.and the judges need to realize they can be wrong, liike this one time. my team, fame j5, was beat by a team that had one 3 to double .3 standing fulls, and did switch ups and half ups. we had 5 3 to doubles and 7 standing fulls and did lib to strech then high to high lib to scale.(we hit) there policy was to not change scores, they sent us a letter apoligizing about the results because they knew who should have really won.

are you completely sure what they did was illegal? teams are always pushing the limits and tryign to find the loopholes to make things legal that may seem illega. i just think that with with multiple competitions and multiple judging panels that SOMEONE would have caught it
The team was in the non-tumbling division and you aren't allowed to do any tumbling not even a forward roll or any flipping in and out of stunts. The main judge holds grudges against a lot of teams in that division and every time she judges she always does it unfairly and lets this one team that does illegal things for that division win. Even though every other competition that they go to they don't even place and they get deductions because of these stunts.

The team was in the non-tumbling division and you aren't allowed to do any tumbling not even a forward roll or any flipping in and out of stunts. The main judge holds grudges against a lot of teams in that division and every time she judges she always does it unfairly and lets this one team that does illegal things for that division win. Even though every other competition that they go to they don't even place and they get deductions because of these stunts.

A non-tumbling division wouldn't have tumbling on the scoresheet.

A non-tumbling division wouldn't have tumbling on the scoresheet.

These local high school competitions they do have tumbling listed on the scoresheet but they do not give you any pointes, yet in all of the rules it clearly states that for that division there will be no tumbling allowed and deductions will be given.

last year at all levels in atlantic city we got second out of 2 and once we got our scoresheets back we found out our pyramid was judged level 3 not level 2 so right after awards the gym owner tried to get them to change the score sheets but it didnt happen

At US Finals this past weekend our youth and junior teams got called out for doing an illegal pyramid meanwhile we had been doing it since January and the judges didnt tell us. The choreographer told us the pyramid was fine and the owner was very mad at the judges according to my mom.

At US Finals this past weekend our youth and junior teams got called out for doing an illegal pyramid meanwhile we had been doing it since January and the judges didnt tell us. The choreographer told us the pyramid was fine and the owner was very mad at the judges according to my mom.
Did you go to the Providence one because my team was screwed over in general this past weekend so I think something was wrong in general. The judges "forgot" to judge my team and didn't even place us.

Back