All-Star Champions League Info Thread - Second Attempt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait I don't get the music deal... Will the theater not be playing the teams actual competition music ?
Music copyright issues stem from others using the original work for their own purposes and making money or potentially making money off of such usage. It is a tricky area normally. In the case of CL, the teams who used the popular music and altered it for their cheer mixes cannot use them for CL since CL is playing the competition in movie theaters for a profit and they do not have those artist's permission to use said music.

Resulting in uncopyrighted basslines and voiceovers being the main chunk of the music played during and for CL.

I'm sad I won't be able to see anything--the night the movie is in theaters is the same night as the NCAA D1 ice hockey championship semis. (Also, it's mad creepy to go to a movie alone)

I'm sad I won't be able to see anything--the night the movie is in theaters is the same night as the NCAA D1 ice hockey championship semis. (Also, it's mad creepy to go to a movie alone)
In same boat - cp has practice that night 7:30-9:30 and a competition that Saturday. Not a good idea to miss practice that night!
Btw, I go to movies by myself all the time. This way I see what I want to see when I want to see it. It's usually nicer going with dh or a friend (or even one of my kids) but if it's something I really want to see, I wouldn't hesitate to go alone.

I started going to the movies alone last year when I moved to a new city and didn't know anyone. Turns out it's the best thing ever. 1. I'm my own best company. 2. I can sit where I please. 3. Movies are basically a solo deal since you can't talk.

So if I go to the cheer movie I'll go alone. High five self.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I started going to the movies alone last year when I moved to a new city and didn't know anyone. Turns out it's the best thing ever. 1. I'm my own best company. 2. I can sit where I please. 3. Movies are basically a solo deal since you can't talk.

So if I go to the cheer movie I'll go alone. High five self.

I feel ya on the solo movies. Before my fiance moved to the city I'm in, I went all the time. During the Avengers, I was able to nerd out with no judgement from anyone! lol

Ugh, you're gonna have not so good seats. :( The good seats sold out a while ago. Maybe someone from your gym has extras?
Its showing here in a regular cinema, no seat assignments. Is it not that way everywhere??

Looking back, people were talking about the movie. So I'm guessing that's what she meant too, lol.

Wow... I'd be kinda pissed if I payed tickets for the movie to see it, and then to find out some hokey music is gonna be played over the routines... Not that it's expensive, but still.
Well technically it's even illegal for gyms to charge parents for a music fee bc they're making money off of copyritten music; which is also illegal for cheer music mixers unless they've paid for permission from said artists/record companies (regardless of their interpretation of the law). Maybe they don't want to draw mainstream attention to that aspect, bc once the music industry realizes there is money being made in this sport (profited from not once, but twice) cheer music will change to all original compsotitions and voice over.
So it's prob not a bad idea for the sake of this one competition/movie.

I put this is the Amy Elliot thread too but thought it would be appropriate here as well. Help Coed Elite make a difference, no matter how small :)

ImageUploadedByFierce Board1395919703.821709.jpg

Back