All-Star Champions League Info Thread - Second Attempt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There's no way that a cheerleading event would fill a cinema in my area...

Me too :( I was hoping they would bring out a DVD/make it available to pay to watch online but they said they had no plans to do so. Its a shame, there are so many fans who would want to see it but not all in the same part of the world to fill one cinema!

Anyone else bummed about the music. I see some tweets with people saying the new mixes are amazing, I'm just not buying it.

I get the copyright issue with the movie but I think it's just going to be odd listening to baselines, voice overs and sound effects. That's basically the only thing that can be in the music now unless they can produce original compositions for all those teams in that span of time. I'm not sure that's even possible since music mixers may be amazing music mixers but it doesn't mean they're musicians that have a knack for composing, performing, recording and THEN mixing original work.

I'll say this. If there are amazing mixes with these parameters that music guy will be my new hero! #fingerscrossed

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyone else bummed about the music. I see some tweets with people saying the new mixes are amazing, I'm just not buying it.

I get the copyright issue with the movie but I think it's just going to be odd listening to baselines, voice overs and sound effects. That's basically the only thing that can be in the music now unless they can produce original compositions for all those teams in that span of time. I'm not sure that's even possible since music mixers may be amazing music mixers but it doesn't mean they're musicians that have a knack for composing, performing, recording and THEN mixing original work.

I'll say this. If there are amazing mixes with these parameters that music guy will be my new hero! #fingerscrossed

Does everyone have to get new mixes for this competition? I didn't even think about the music copyright aspect. Are they (well you probably don't know about everyone, but at least your CP's team) just using the mixes for this comp do you think? I hope so!

Does everyone have to get new mixes for this competition? I didn't even think about the music copyright aspect. Are they (well you probably don't know about everyone, but at least your CP's team) just using the mixes for this comp do you think? I hope so!

Pretty sure it's everyone from the tweets I'm seeing and the folks I know. My CPs will only be used for this competition I'm sure. But from what I understand, nothing that's copyrighted (which is basically everyone's music) can be used if it's going to be in the movie.

Yes - my CPs say theirs is kind of awful. I wish they would allow the teams to compete to their regular music and then edit different music over it for the movie. Note to aspiring music artists: if you would like to become famous, convince some big name gym to use your song in their competition music and allow them copyright release. I often hear songs in cheer music that all of the sudden become popular mid way through the season. Sometimes coincidence I'm sure, but I am willing to bet other times it is due to our large viewing audience lol.

Ohhh...I hadn't considered the music aspect. It's probably going to have the feel of the Dance Moms performance music.

Ohhh...I hadn't considered the music aspect. It's probably going to have the feel of the Dance Moms performance music.

I think they're going to sound like noise really. Ours sortof does. It's just voice overs baselines and sound effects. Unfortunate really but I think we all know each other's music well enough the crowd should just sing it! :D

I mean....no superman music to angel rice's kick double?! We in the crowd are gonna have to voice that over ourselves!

Haha! That's probably how my kid will handle it. In that case, I may need to bring ear plugs. ;)

Eta: I should probably warn her that the music will be diff. I doubt she knows.

Really excited about the Champs League.. As a parent and an employee of Nfinity! This is going to be Epic! And #cheernightout will be one for the books! Great stuff!!

Wow... I'd be kinda pissed if I payed tickets for the movie to see it, and then to find out some hokey music is gonna be played over the routines... Not that it's expensive, but still.

Wow... I'd be kinda pissed if I payed tickets for the movie to see it, and then to find out some hokey music is gonna be played over the routines... Not that it's expensive, but still.
It's not just being played over it, the teams are changing their music to mostly voice overs and baselines for the competition. So it won't be just some random stuff. I still wanna see it, it's not like they cut out the sound completely!

Champs League just keeps sounding weirder and weider to me. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Back