All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If who is considered elite doesn't match the populace it could be thought of badly.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Maybe it's the word elite that's causing the problem! There's no denying the teams that have been announced are amazing or at one time have been. And I do know everyone will consider different teams to be "elite". Guess we just have to wait to see how the choice process came about.

It seems like everyone thinks ga is this nobody team, true they haven't had the best 2 years but its not like they aren't relevant, they've won 2 gold and have globed a few other times. It's not like their teams didn't have the talent, I just think medium didn't fit them well. But to act like ga doesn't doesn't have a legacy like some of the other teams is crazy. GA coed of the past was beast and no one to play with.

It seems like everyone thinks ga is this nobody team, true they haven't had the best 2 years but its not like they aren't relevant, they've won 2 gold and have globed a few other times. It's not like their teams didn't have the talent, I just think medium didn't fit them well. But to act like ga doesn't doesn't have a legacy like some of the other teams is crazy. GA coed of the past was beast and no one to play with.

This is not to be rude about GA but scoring 11th at NCA and 17th at Worlds isn't my definition of elite.

Same goes for ECE. Don't get me wrong I love their program and they are certainly gaining momentum to be great, but 13th at worlds isn't what i'd consider elite. they did get 4th at NCA so I wouldn't say they can't hang, but if the 3 teams ahead of them aren't in this "league" i'm not so sure i'd call it the best of the best.

I think that's how I'd do it if I were selecting - NCA winner and Worlds winner (if different) for whatever divisions are attending. and then maybe 2nd place from both events (again if both were different) If they are going off of more than just last year's results, i'd say the more recent years should be much more heavily weighted than the past.

This is not to be rude about GA but scoring 11th at NCA and 17th at Worlds isn't my definition of elite.

Same goes for ECE. Don't get me wrong I love their program and they are certainly gaining momentum to be great, but 13th at worlds isn't what i'd consider elite. they did get 4th at NCA so I wouldn't say they can't hang, but if the 3 teams ahead of them aren't in this "league" i'm not so sure i'd call it the best of the best.

I think that's how I'd do it if I were selecting - NCA winner and Worlds winner (if different) for whatever divisions are attending. and then maybe 2nd place from both events (again if both were different) If they are going off of more than just last year's results, i'd say the more recent years should be much more heavily weighted than the past.
If you did it by NCA and Worlds winner then what would you do with Orange who won both as medium but is now in large senior? There would end up being no representation from Medium. I think it's a good idea, but how is it dealt with? It would be the same problem if it was based on top 3 at Worlds too I guess...

You said it yourself "GA coed of the past " is what people will remember as being elite. They haven't been elite IMO for awhile now. I was going to wait and reply to see the whole team announcement but I have a strong feeling a lot of top 3 worlds and NCA teams wont make this and now we have GA and ECE taking the place.

And this discussion is why I think it's got a bracket involved. Think about it... This is some new thing with some (apparently) completely different format and we still don't know what it looks like.

There was equal back and forth about the quality of the summit this time last year when no one knew how it would go and gyms flat refusing to even consider it....until they saw the first iteration.

My guess....

1) They (for some reason) need 24 teams. That number seems key with all the 7:24 stuff.

2) They couldn't get everyone this board might consider "elite" to risk it during the first year when it's success is unknown

3) so instead if making it smaller (which screws up the 24 thing) they're going to teams with reputations to fill those spots until this gets off the ground. Maybe it's only like this for this year because its the first one....and it might flop.

I don't think anyone will deny that GA fell into the "elite" category in the recent past and although ECE hasn't globed yet...they're going to (hello fierce j5 kids!) and in the not too distant future either. That's just a quality, amazing program right there.

But the necessity for a certain number of teams is what says bracket to me.

Y'all (yes, Southern. deal) are also forgetting that some teams (when they're all announced) might not be there ... Not because they aren't "elite" and weren't asked, but because they didn't agree to come.

So if Cali and CA aren't announced as teams I don't think it's because no one thinks they're elite, I think it's because they declined the invitation (with good reason = travel, I'm sure). IF they declined.

With all that said.... I'm still stoked about the caliber of teams that ARE agreeing to attend a brand new, different format, travel competition. Just the people involved already makes me have hope it might be awesome if only because their owners clearly believe it might be awesome or they wouldn't have agreed to do it 3 weeks before worlds.

completely agree with @12stepcheermom. I also think whoever mentioned including all regions of the country is probably right too. Some of the teams that were selected may not be the top teams in the world, but if the basis was to include all parts of the country then I think based on the length of time the gyms have been around and their overall past history, then the teams announced so far make sense.

completely agree with @12stepcheermom. I also think whoever mentioned including all regions of the country is probably right too. Some of the teams that were selected may not be the top teams in the world, but if the basis was to include all parts of the country then I think based on the length of time the gyms have been around and their overall past history, then the teams announced so far make sense.
I agree with the region of the country thing for all the hunger games references... I'm just not understanding why the actual competition wouldn't have been more geographically central if that's the case.

But why should you only be considered "elite" if you have done really well at worlds or NCA? There are many teams that I believe have incredibly talent and put together amazing routines, and sometimes it just doesn't translate to a World's win or NCA win. If you look at the large senior division, with only those handful of participants, getting 4th would be like getting a very low place in a larger division (i'm not about to do math to truly figure out what place it would translate to). When you're competing against 40 teams, like in the small senior division at worlds, getting 14th is amazing! I just feel that placement at Worlds/NCA should not be the end all be all of being considered "elite." Do I believe our industry has overused the word? Yes. But that just means that as an industry, we have changed the definition for ourselves. Elite no longer means best of the best anymore. We have varying definitions, and we have continually let them vary for a while. So, looking at these teams, I believe they are considered "elite" in my mind. But to others, they may. Let's see how this plays out. And let's allow the athletes of the teams chosen to enjoy the moment of being chosen for such a thing! Regardless of the speculation and how drawn out this has been, I am excited to see what it really is.

Back