All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard about this right after champions league. It is very much a real thing.

right, i just edited my posted after i went and searched the convention center's calendar. it's a comp called ultimate cheer and dance competition (maybe generic name and not real name). since the CA logo was used, maybe @BlueCat can confirm that the gyms in the advert are actually going.

right, i just edited my posted after i went and searched the convention center's calendar. it's a comp called ultimate cheer and dance competition (maybe generic name and not real name). since the CA logo was used, maybe @BlueCat can confirm that the gyms in the advert are actually going.
Maryland Twisters already tweeted they were excited about it.

so there is a website: Ultimate Cheer & Dance Production Co.

whoever made that twitter is bad at advertising. people shouldn't have to turn into internet detectives in order to find your comp.

also, it looks like the competition isn't brand new, as the website has results from their 2015 competition; world cup supersonics were grand champs.

Ultimate Cheer and Dance is the name of the one day comp that rented the space last year on the same weekend. It was the comp that Nastia Luikin was originally involved in. The original name was supposed to be the Shine Competition. At some point during the planning of the event, she was withdrew and the Ultimate Cheer and Dance name was introduced -maybe about a month before the event happened. Almost the entire WC program attended, along with only about five other teams from gyms in the surrounding area (during the all star session). It ended up basically being a NYC showcase for most of us. The event ran smoothly and on time.The venue was decent. The venue site listed links for discounted parking in the area. I think we paid $15 for the entire day. I was totally freaked out about logistics since it is probably one of the busiest weekends in the City, but I ended up enjoying it a lot. Most families made an adventure out of it and went to Rockefeller Center etc that night.

Rumor had it that the comp was sold to someone bigger and that there was going to be a comp on the same weekend this year. I never envisioned the new owners to do something this big-lol, but I am guessing that the original comp signed on for at least two years at the venue , so it makes sense that someone wanted in on it.

Last edited:
Many gyms travel that week for competitions. Teams can stay outside of NYC for much cheaper prices (Queens, Brooklyn, Secaucus, Weehawken, Jersey City, Hoboken) all of which you can get to the location in 15-30 minutes . There is so much mass transit it won't be an issue. There are subways, path trains, ferries, and buses. If you choose to rent a car there is plenty of discounted parking.

Many gyms travel that week for competitions. Teams can stay outside of NYC for much cheaper prices (Queens, Brooklyn, Secaucus, Weehawken, Jersey City, Hoboken) all of which you can get to the location in 15-30 minutes . There is so much mass transit it won't be an issue. There are subways, path trains, ferries, and buses. If you choose to rent a car there is plenty of discounted parking.

Yep. Lots of people from our team took the ferries from NJ in. They were doing a kids ride free Holiday special which made everyone happy. I just grabbed a room via Booking.co , just on the off chance the event is not STP.

@oncecoolcoachnowmom Our comp fees are bundled, so we don't really know how much we pay for each comp. I will say that we paid over $1200 this year, so I imagine we paid to compete at CL. It was a very expensive weekend even though we live in the area. Hoping this weekend is just far enough from Christmas that hotels will be value priced vs what we all had to pay in DC last year. I was told last night that MT will be at the December event this year in NYC.

Last edited:
I'd go to this. Sounds fun.

You can do NYC for a fraction of the price you think you can if you are flexible and are willing to make tiny sacrifices. Really just convience vs cost stuff. NYC can be very affordable.

I find all of this super interesting considering CL was such a cluster f**k this year and has gone down hill since it's first year. I get the vibe that gym owners are making a stand and have chosen this over CL - they all must have communicated about it before all signing up.

And regarding big gyms not paying reg fees, totally not true. The only worlds team that I know of that went to CL for free was Super Seniors - they had their reg fee waived and hotel rooms taken care of. They did earn a bid at a super tiny mostly rec comp in Delaware where they were the only worlds team that attended.

And regarding big gyms not paying reg fees, totally not true. The only worlds team that I know of that went to CL for free was Super Seniors - they had their reg fee waived and hotel rooms taken care of. They did earn a bid at a super tiny mostly rec comp in Delaware where they were the only worlds team that attended.

That will always be a big "huh?" I guess...

I was at this comp where they received their paid bid. The competition is called Cheer For Charity.

Super Seniors put on an amazing performance!! They earned that paid bid the smart and strategic way!! Why not attend a tiny event if you know you'll get a free paid bid out of it?!?! Bravo to their coaches for registering them for the competition. Their performance was the highlight of the entire competition.

I'd go to this. Sounds fun.

You can do NYC for a fraction of the price you think you can if you are flexible and are willing to make tiny sacrifices. Really just convience vs cost stuff. NYC can be very affordable.
Provided there is no STP involved ;). CL had so much potential, especially after what I considered to be a great first year. I'm hopeful that this event will prove successful. If it is an alliance of gym owners involved then I am optimistic!

Back