All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Provided there is no STP involved ;). CL had so much potential, especially after what I considered to be a great first year. I'm hopeful that this event will prove successful. If it is an alliance of gym owners involved then I am optimistic!

Haha right after I posted that I was thinking if STP would even be a thing in the case of this comp if it is an independent EP since that is usually the biggest expense for drivable multi-day comps. But yes, if it's not STP you can do this comp for an affordable price even though its in NYC.

Side note: Is Varisty the only EP that does STP? I can't think of other "big comps" that the big gyms attend that aren't Varsity other than maybe American Grand in Vegas. Are they STP?

so cl is being abandoned by the big gyms? were the logistics really that bad?

i was thinking/assuming that a portion of their teams would go to cl and the other portion to this.

so cl is being abandoned by the big gyms? were the logistics really that bad?

i was thinking/assuming that a portion of their teams would go to cl and the other portion to this.

We only attended this year as a lower level team so I have nothing to compare it too, but I would say that the communication was that bad, especially with the challenges that the Nuclear Summit added. Honestly, it was a lot of work trying to negotiate everything, especially since I was responsible for keeping a team together LOL. It was such a stark contrast to the "cheercation" of the week before at Myrtle Beach, where the weekend was effortless.

CL was a constant search for the newest information, battles with rude security, a filthy venue (especially the day after the League event where they didn't even touch one side of the floor!) . The hired staff tried to keep up but they were never informed about changes and the higher ups could not care less about the needs of the teams. The League event was badly designed and left many of us with no views of the stage. (And the fact that my friend could not save me a seat even though we were in the first seating group pissed me off. I was at a team meeting and arrived soon after, but she was forced to give up my seat).

Disclaimer to my post above... the Marriott Marquis (which is attached to the Convention Hall) staff was amazing and went above and beyond for me/our team several times! They even opened a private meeting room so we could practice in it :) They figured out that they were grossly understaffed at the bar and restaurant and did what they needed to rectify it. The hotel GM was even running food at one point.

I was at this comp where they received their paid bid. The competition is called Cheer For Charity.

Super Seniors put on an amazing performance!! They earned that paid bid the smart and strategic way!! Why not attend a tiny event if you know you'll get a free paid bid out of it?!?! Bravo to their coaches for registering them for the competition. Their performance was the highlight of the entire competition.

Super Seniors are an incredible team. No doubt their performance at that comp was awesome. I think people just find it odd because there are no other comps (that we know of) that offered paid CL bids to Worlds teams that covered fees and hotel. Usually bid events for other comps are advertised beforehand. I don't recall seeing anything advertised for CL bid comps. But, I could have just missed it. That, combined with the fact that none of the teams that were already members of The League received any type of financial break, has people questioning it.

So was Champions League a bigger cluster than worlds? I didn't stay up on that comp enough to know. I love to see gyms taking a stand and making an impact by taking business elsewhere.

Super Seniors are an incredible team. No doubt their performance at that comp was awesome. I think people just find it odd because there are no other comps (that we know of) that offered paid CL bids to Worlds teams that covered fees and hotel. Usually bid events for other comps are advertised beforehand. I don't recall seeing anything advertised for CL bid comps. But, I could have just missed it. That, combined with the fact that none of the teams that were already members of The League received any type of financial break, has people questioning it.

It was advertised on the CL page as well as the Cheer For Charity page. They offered different tiered bids. Diamond, Gold, and Silver. It was definitely advertised. I guess the gyms who missed it just missed it.... But it was on the CL page as well as the Cheer for Charity page.

Not sure why anyone would question it??? It's nothing shady it was advertised and Super Seniors took advantage of the opportunity. Well deserved opportunity!

As a matter of fact here are the links: DELAWARE Cheer for Charity
New Jersey Cheer for Charity

It was advertised on the CL page as well as the Cheer For Charity page. They offered different tiered bids. Diamond, Gold, and Silver. It was definitely advertised. I guess the gyms who missed it just missed it.... But it was on the CL page as well as the Cheer for Charity page.

Not sure why anyone would question it??? It's nothing shady it was advertised and Super Seniors took advantage of the opportunity. Well deserved opportunity!

Then I did totally miss it. haha!

And not questioning it as in shady (at least I wasn't). Questioning it more of a "hey we hadn't heard of that before" for this comp.

So what I haven't been able to gather from this thread:

1. Is the NYC event by invite only?
2. Are all of these programs skipping CL altogether or just sending lower level teams? I was under the impression (maybe erroneously) that a few of these gym owners were/are financial backers of CL.

I think that the problem is that it was announced after most travel schedules were made.

I was at this comp where they received their paid bid. The competition is called Cheer For Charity.

Super Seniors put on an amazing performance!! They earned that paid bid the smart and strategic way!! Why not attend a tiny event if you know you'll get a free paid bid out of it?!?! Bravo to their coaches for registering them for the competition. Their performance was the highlight of the entire competition.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE me some Supers and I agree kudos to their coaches for registering them and them receiving the bid. I just think it's shady that CL never said they were giving away full paid bids so other teams could go for them and it seemed like Supers were invited to get the invite/bid. Just shady politics of cheer. Not Supers fault at all and no shade on Supers.

When it was difficult to get a hotel room in DC, when the cost was $200/night, when it was stay to play (but other hotels were equally unavailable and expensive), when people were getting moved or losing their rooms at the Marquis because of the nuclear summit, when we paid so much to go to LA last year, yeah, it hurt a little to see a team get free rooms.

All the perks were gone too- no opportunity to see our kids on the red carpet, no food or drink for them at the prom, no free bus service from our hotels to the venue, having to arrive so early to get our seats, no access to merch,photos, or videos, no movie.

Latest posts

Back