All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What does fttb mean

(What is G3FCA2A, FTTB, BAB, etc) Those are phrases or mottos that have special meaning for our athletes. They typically learn the words a couple of months into their season. By now, there have been thousands of people who have been told the exact wording. I'm sure that if someone tried hard enough, they could find someone who was willing to share that despite our wishes that it be kept private. I would hope that the majority of them, even athletes who have moved on to other programs would have respect enough for the CA family not to share.

There are similar phrases for other cheer programs, college cheer teams, fraternities, etc. That concept is not remotely unique to CA.

That being said, even learning the wording of the phrase doesn't mean that you "get" it. Without actually being a part of the CA family and being part of the process of sharing the "story" behind the phrases, there really isn't a way to understand the meanings completely.

Obviously, I am not going to share the exact meaning.

(What is G3FCA2A, FTTB, BAB, etc) Those are phrases or mottos that have special meaning for our athletes. They typically learn the words a couple of months into their season. By now, there have been thousands of people who have been told the exact wording. I'm sure that if someone tried hard enough, they could find someone who was willing to share that despite our wishes that it be kept private. I would hope that the majority of them, even athletes who have moved on to other programs would have respect enough for the CA family not to share.

There are similar phrases for other cheer programs, college cheer teams, fraternities, etc. That concept is not remotely unique to CA.

That being said, even learning the wording of the phrase doesn't mean that you "get" it. Without actually being a part of the CA family and being part of the process of sharing the "story" behind the phrases, there really isn't a way to understand the meanings completely.

Obviously, I am not going to share the exact meaning.
Did someone on panthers create the BAB/BABS one. Considering I've heard one not so kid friendly version and then one that is, I'm curious if coaches frown upon creating ones that might translate with a cuss word.

Did someone on panthers create the BAB/BABS one. Considering I've heard one not so kid friendly version and then one that is, I'm curious if coaches frown upon creating ones that might translate with a cuss word.

I am not discussing anything related to what the team sayings actually mean. Generally, the athletes come up with the team sayings.

It is the not kid friendly one. It was in an article about panthers years and years ago for what I can remember!

I have been pretty open about discussing nearly anything here. However, I do not wish to discuss the private sayings/mottos/etc of the teams. I get that some of you have found out (or believe you have found out) their meanings in other places, but I would prefer that that particular topic be dropped or at least moved to a different thread.

I know the season practices haven't even started for Plano teams, but do you know if any pre-existing teams will be getting new uniforms in the fall?

@BlueCat I'm excited to see all of the CA teams. Will there be videos of ALL of the teams allowed at the first gym performance night or first competition? I know that most gyms (especially for worlds teams) try to keep their routines under wraps until after big competitions, but COME ON!! Kittykatz last year were INSANE!! I love the technique of CA as a whole from level 1-5. I can't wait to see CA's lower level teams (and world teams) KILL IT this season! #GotMyClawsOut

@BlueCat it may have been asked before, I wasn't able to find it, but are your senior aged athletes allowed to cheer for their high schools also?

Yes, they can cheer for their high schools. My daughter did this past year. There are many CA athletes who cheer for their HS teams.

Allowing kids to do this is probably why CA produces kids who go on to be such great college cheerleaders.
ive never heard of any allstar gyms not allowing it, are there any that have a rule like that in place. i do think ive heard that some high school squads dont allow you to do both though.

I dont think gyms are the ones putting rules in place about doing school sports and club sports, it's usually the state or district. Illinois for example makes you choose but Texas( and I think NC as well) does not have that rule, allowing them to do both. I agree that having the high school cheer experience greatly helps them at the high school level.

ive never heard of any allstar gyms not allowing it, are there any that have a rule like that in place. i do think ive heard that some high school squads dont allow you to do both though.

They don't forbid it outright usually. Just make doing both difficult. I don't know of any bigger programs that do, but some newer programs near me are very weird about it.

My high school cheer team made it extremely difficult for me to do both. I've heard of gyms near me won't let you cheer for my high school just because of how difficult the coaches are.

Back