All-Star Cheer Coach Found Guilty 11 Counts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A background check would be a great idea. But just like everyone said. It wouldn't have made a difference in THIS case... and how many gyms in the US are hiring unknown coaches? Like people from out of the blue that have no connections or references.

I would hope that there are many things that are checked when working with kids anywhere! I have coached Cheerleading going into my 28th season-wow! When I first started, I was coaching in my hometown, and everyone knew who i was, I also have been a Pre-K Teacher for the last 25 years, and all of the requirements for doing that are alot to say the Least...! I have to have a backround check Local, National, Fingerprints, Credit Report, Physical, they do everything besides drawing some Blood! Which they should anyway!
It does make you wonder though.... In this day and age, as a Male Coach, you have to be put with a female coach as well to protect yourself!!! I would never want to be put in that position: Hey can you stay with little girl, or little boy until their parents get here? No Thanks!
Going back to what i started-got off track......:)))
You should be Screened Thoroughly when working with children anyway!! No one wants to hire someone, and then find out months or years later, that there was a problem that was overlooked, or ignored!!!
You really need to be thorough, and check everything when hiring someone male or female, as you really don't know.. This should be part of the USASF with Coaches Credentialing!!! Nothing really is foolproof, but why not have some more protection for the kids we coach, knowing that the person hired, is not only a Great Coach, but also a Great Person, who you can TRUST!!!:fro:

If you only knew for gym I know (I won't say in which country and I won't say the name of the gym) Almost every coach was in prison. One was because he fight in the club, one ( I really don't know how to say this ) tocuhed girls in parts of the body he shouldn't touch (and no it wasn't because he spotted tumbling) and one coach stab a man in the club ( but he was just protecting his sister). And one coach has a daughter with a 18 old girl from another gym. ( and he is 29 ). but they are still one of the best and most successful gym in country and they have tons of kids in the gym . There are jokes about this gym that if you haven't been in prison you can't coach at this gym. LoL And you tought USA was bad.

It's pathetic to hear the're still a few coaches and parents supporting this PIG and asking to sign a petition for MERCY?! Please make this public in social networks about this monster and her pathetics followers!!

I'll have to ask Andre about the specifics but I'm pretty sure a law was just passed or the SCOTUS ruled and said you can't NOT hire someone because of a criminal conviction. It puts gym owners in a precarious position then.
They'll have to just find another "reason" not to hire them, then.

Latest posts

Back