All-Star Cheer: Full Out!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm guessing it'll be glossed over.
A lot of it will have to be because I feel like a lot of people still don't know how/why it happened.
All the interviews would just be like, "well they picked the 3 teams that made it to finals but another team might have made it too and we and our coaches are being told nothing so we'll probably just dance around and be awesome bc that's what we would've done anyway..." Then Eric walks by and says, "ellooo"

im having worlds amnesia, was wildcats originally not suppose to make finals or something....

Originally Wildcats were in 4th in semi-finals because of a legality issue(?) but they fought it and it was back and forth for a while if they were in or out. In the end they took the top 4 teams from US (Infinity, electric, Blink, and wildcats.)

That is the super abridged version.

Originally Wildcats were in 4th in semi-finals because of a legality issue(?) but they fought it and it was back and forth for a while if they were in or out. In the end they took the top 4 teams from US (Infinity, electric, Blink, and wildcats.)

That is the super abridged version.
Honestly though, there wasn't any "back and forth". It had to do with the sensationalism that went on in social media, but in actuality it was more like Wildcats appealed => waited awhile (which was when social media exploded) => appeal was accepted. I'm 100% sure USASF did not say, "Oh hey, y'all are in" and return 5 minutes later and say, "Actually, nevermind, y'all are out." and so on and so forth.

Honestly though, there wasn't any "back and forth". It had to do with the sensationalism that went on in social media, but in actuality it was more like Wildcats appealed => waited awhile (which was when social media exploded) => appeal was accepted. I'm 100% sure USASF did not say, "Oh hey, y'all are in" and return 5 minutes later and say, "Actually, nevermind, y'all are out." and so on and so forth.

That's what I meant. Back and forth was from the people on the boards/social media. You couldn't get a clear, definitive answer until very late in the evening.

That's what I meant. Back and forth was from the people on the boards/social media. You couldn't get a clear, definitive answer until very late in the evening.
Personally, I didn't believe anything until I saw the the official schedule the next day which printed both "CA Wildcats" and "GT Blink" in black and white. USASF made no announcement whatsoever (at least via social media or the live stream regarding allowing a 4th team from U.S.A. to make finals), they kinda just left people hanging.

The Canadian teams experienced a similar issue, their case seems less well known.......

Personally, I didn't believe anything until I saw the the official schedule the next day which printed both "CA Wildcats" and "GT Blink" in black and white. USASF made no announcement whatsoever (at least via social media or the live stream regarding allowing a 4th team from U.S.A. to make finals), they kinda just left people hanging.

The Canadian teams experienced a similar issue, their case seems less well known.......
Enlighten me please?

What was the legality issue of did they ever find out.
So I actually have no idea if:
1.) It was a legality issue.
2.) They felt they were underscored (execution).

All I know is that there was too much re-scoring going on during that section. Even after Electric's scores were announced, their scores were bumped up later which gave them an even bigger lead ahead of Nfinity and Blink whose scores were also already announced by then.

A team that originally came in 4th among other Canadian teams in the semi-finals contested their scores as well and was granted entry to finals.
Good to know that there was a legitimate reason for it. The only speculation I saw on here/twitter was that the USASF caved in to a certain company complaining about it not being fair to other countries that the US was allowed to have 4 teams. I only believed that because that is something the USASF would do lol.

ETA: Yet another reason why the USASF needs to get their ish together and announce things like this when they happen. Mistakes happen, but it only makes it worse when you allow rumors to start.

So I actually have no idea if:
1.) It was a legality issue.
2.) They felt they were underscored (execution).

All I know is that there was too much re-scoring going on during that section. Even after Electric's scores were announced, their scores were bumped up later which gave them an even bigger lead ahead of Nfinity and Blink whose scores were also already announced by then.

Back