All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah but not the same way that curlers and wands burns the hair...
You are correct. Teasing is definitely much less damaging, but everything you do to hair to style it damages it in some way, even brushing. For some hair types, a high tight pony is really damaging and causes lots of breakage especially if left in all day. It is really a matter of damage control with hair and you cannot do what is best for everyone all at the same time.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I did my little sisters hair last night, it turned out pretty good, but the poof is horrible, I didn't have either a comb nor hairspray, but I did my best w/ a brush and hairmousse. :p
So sad she doesn't cheer, she has tried before and she tought it was funny but she can't do a cartwheel and she so unflexible an a human could be, haha, so she doesn't wanna cheer anymore :(

2nta51s.jpg
ju73pc.jpg

I did my little sisters hair last night, it turned out pretty good, but the poof is horrible, I didn't have either a comb nor hairspray, but I did my best w/ a brush and hairmousse. :p
So sad she doesn't cheer, she has tried before and she tought it was funny but she can't do a cartwheel and she so unflexible an a human could be, haha, so she doesn't wanna cheer anymore :(

2nta51s.jpg
ju73pc.jpg
"The poof is horrible" omg not at all!!! That looks amazing!!

My teams usually do straight with a bump. It looks super neat and clean on everyone! We don't do curls, because some girls hair naturally do not hold curls, plus we have girls with bobs, and curls would make their hair way to short.

While it is the easiest, but the least fun, you could do just straight hair up in a high pony tail. Or you could go Texas style and do the big hair and curls and poufs. Which is a lot more fun but a lot more difficult than a simple straight pony.

2nta51s.jpg
ju73pc.jpg
It's pretty good for not having a comb or hairspray!

Figured I'd bring this back. The end of last season I posted this pic of my kids hair
y9u2ysan.jpg

Though her hair was cute in the front it was not in the back! Because I had her hair so high up and super teased, from the back it looked like a small twig from a tree branch

yja6yre4.jpg

The kid on the left!^^

So I did the extension thing this year
esu7yme8.jpg

It looks much better and I love it and it's so worth it for her to have hair in the back. (My kid is on the right in this pic)

NOW LETS SEE SOME MORE CHEER HAIR!

Last edited:
Figured I'd bring this back. The end of last season I posted this pic of my kids hair
y9u2ysan.jpg

Though her hair was cute in the front it was not in the back! Because I had her hair so high up and super teased, from the back it looked like a small twig from a tree branch

yja6yre4.jpg

The kid on the left!

So I did the extension thing this year
esu7yme8.jpg

It looks much better and I love it and it's so worth it for her to have hair in the back. (My kid is on the right in this pic)

NOW LETS SEE SOME MORE CHEER HAIR!
Your daughter is gorgeous!

for curling hair I always recommend rag curls. its easy to sleep in, no heat, the hair just has to be a little wet as you're rolling with a little spray as well. and then spray when you take it out.

Back