All-Star Cheer Image And Appearance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's a thought... does the dance portion of a routine truly add to the athletic appeal of allstar cheerleading? I mean, I think what most people want is for outsiders to respect the sport and view it as legitimate and to consider the participants athletes. I can see where the tumbling, jumps, and stunts would help with this, but the dance portion just seems to be for show. Do you think allstars would have a greater chance of being legitimized among the masses if the dance was removed, and the other elements were the sole focus?

Once you start taking away and controling peoples creativity you are going to loose the appeal of this sport to alot of people. Its only inappropiate if you feel that way and if you do than thats not the gym for you find one that fits.

Here's a thought... does the dance portion of a routine truly add to the athletic appeal of allstar cheerleading? I mean, I think what most people want is for outsiders to respect the sport and view it as legitimate and to consider the participants athletes. I can see where the tumbling, jumps, and stunts would help with this, but the dance portion just seems to be for show. Do you think allstars would have a greater chance of being legitimized among the masses if the dance was removed, and the other elements were the sole focus?
Thats part of being an all around cheerleader. But i guess that is more in the traditional sense of things. The athletic version of cheerleading probably doesnt need to include dance.

WOULD slightly controlling people's creativity REALLY send thousands of cheerleaders away or deter people from joining the sport? I think not. If we told choreographers we would no longer allow cheerleaders to turn around, squat and booty pop the audience, I don't expect mad droves of cheerleaders to leave in protest..actually, I think more parents might join if SOMETHING (either uniforms, makeup or whatever) was tempered a little. Think about it: how do many people join allstar. Is it by watching a practice? Is it by going to a competition? Is it by word of mouth and youtube? For me, it was by watching cheer athletics '06 on youtube. From that far away shot, glitter and the half-tops were the last thing I was looking at. I was more concerned with their skills, and the strictly-competitive idea. And if you go to a practice, they're not glittered up or in uniform. The glitter and the unis might be what keeps them here, but I highly doubt emphasizing full tops for minis is gonna make people suddenly hate cheering.

Thats part of being an all around cheerleader. But i guess that is more in the traditional sense of things. The athletic version of cheerleading probably doesnt need to include dance.

I think motions are good for showing coordination, synchronisation and making transitions visually interesting, but I'd prefer an extra stunt sequence to the frenzied booty shaking shimmytastic fierce hair whippin' spectacular that counts as dance.

I agree with the fact that mini/ youth aged girls should be wearing a full top... if I was that age I would compare being able to wear a crop top to a toddler that rides a tricycle then switches to a big kid bike. As for choreography goes I DO think that their needs to be some deduction for "inappropriate" dancing, BUT if they did make deductions what would we be able to talk about it just makes the competitions a whole lot more interesting, and gives the cheer moms/ dads something to chat about if they are bored.

I can think of lottttttssssssss of gyms that that their junior & senior teams are pretty full of mini & youth aged kids. A lot of kids move up at least an age division before they age out. How do you handle that? I can totally see a restriction on half tops leading to more of a rush (lead by the kids) to get that junior & senior team placement. I can see Suzie now, watching Sally who is also 9 walking around the competition in her crop top because she got her tick tock and full and got placed on Junior 5. "Sally thinks she is sooooooo cool..." Jealousy & envy are bizarre emotions...

I agree with the fact that mini/ youth aged girls should be wearing a full top... if I was that age I would compare being able to wear a crop top to a toddler that rides a tricycle then switches to a big kid bike. As for choreography goes I DO think that their needs to be some deduction for "inappropriate" dancing, BUT if they did make deductions what would we be able to talk about it just makes the competitions a whole lot more interesting, and gives the cheer moms/ dads something to chat about if they are bored.

but "inappropriate dancing" is subjective. which is the main point of all of these controversies. almost everything here is subjective, and therefore, extremely difficult to make universal.

Cali Small senior probably has one of the prettiest uniforms i have ever seen. Plus the bow that matches perfect. As well as SMOED. & also really like T&S

How about a good rule of thumb being "If you expect to see a pole in the routine, it's not appropriate"

Well, if it's to that point, it may not be subjective haha. but until we see girls pole dancing on each other as make shift poles, i think it's going to remain pretty subjective by region / culture.

as far as the debate on uniforms goes, i think sublimated uniforms are the way to go. I love the look of them.

crop tops fine!!

but i promise NO OFFENSE...do you guys remember matrix's old tops? or some of top gun unis...ehhh a little much for "cheerleading" and also totally depends on the age..top gun int, or o6 wearing them...FINE! because your older! also, the parents...!!! they probs dont like their daughters walking around with barely any clothing. and usually the parents dont have a say!

but when crop top turns into one sleeve, no sleeve, a little string holding the top up and longer skirts turn into, shorter skirts, very short skirts, spandex shorts, OVERLY shorts with a bikini looking top. it makes cheerleading look trashy. and thats what we dont want!! i think the teams that always have nice unis is cali. they always keep it classy. my gym also keeps it classy,not too much make up!

Back