All-Star Cheer! Mini Allstars On Lifetime Tv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ugh... I was really looking forward to this, but now, not so much. My CP's team has competed against Midwest Magic a couple of times this season, and the team's choreography, in my personal opinion, is a bit questionable for minis (and I'm about as far from conservative as they get). To each his own as far as that goes, but I see it as a potential opportunity for this show to turn into a cheer version of "Toddlers & Tiaras" with some creative editing. I just don't want to see this turned into an opportunity to sensationalize this sport that these young athletes love, kind of like that ESPN article did.

I really hope it wont be like toddlers n tiaras. I will be soo up set at the all star cheerleading world and what it has become if it is like that! cheerleading has just gotten REALLY big and already has a "bad" name to a lot of people who dont know about it...lets not make it worse!

Just wanted to add that pageants aren't what you see on Toddlers and Tiaras either. My oldest daughter did pageants for 11yrs and we actually know several of the kids that have been featured. Yes there are some brats in pageants just like in every other sport but the pageant world is honestly no crazier than the cheer world. LOL!

Back to the real subject ... I cant wait to see the show tonight!

@KikiD22: I went and watched the Midwest Magic minis on youtube and I have to admit I would NOT be a happy mommy if that was my little mini out there dancing like that, WOW!

I really hope it wont be like toddlers n tiaras. I will be soo up set at the all star cheerleading world and what it has become if it is like that! cheerleading has just gotten REALLY big and already has a "bad" name to a lot of people who dont know about it...lets not make it worse!

Sooooo excited for tonights show :) love MW and S1 and yes, some of the MW's dance moves might not be your "taste" but the gym has a very talented hip hop program so they're going to have a more "hip hop" style dance. Not everyone's cup of tea but it doesn't make them any less talented!

Just wanted to add that pageants aren't what you see on Toddlers and Tiaras either. My oldest daughter did pageants for 11yrs and we actually know several of the kids that have been featured. Yes there are some brats in pageants just like in every other sport but the pageant world is honestly no crazier than the cheer world. LOL!

Back to the real subject ... I cant wait to see the show tonight!

@KikiD22: I went and watched the Midwest Magic minis on youtube and I have to admit I would NOT be a happy mommy if that was my little mini out there dancing like that, WOW!

My CP has done pageants in the past two (one of her best friends won Ultimate on the episode of T&T from Chicago that's airing this spring), so I'm very aware that the show is not representative of pageants. That's what I'm afraid will happen with this cheer show too.

Sooooo excited for tonights show :) love MW and S1 and yes, some of the MW's dance moves might not be your "taste" but the gym has a very talented hip hop program so they're going to have a more "hip hop" style dance. Not everyone's cup of tea but it doesn't make them any less talented!

Like I said before, to each his own as far as the dance is concerned, and I never meant to imply that MW's minis were not talented. Hey, they beat my CP's team once...

The point I was trying to make is that the style of dance that they have in their routine may present an opportunity for the editors of this show to present these minis, and allstar cheer in general, in a not so flattering light. That's my concern with the show tonight, and I really hope that I end up being wrong.

I don't think it's necessary to teach little girls to 'shake that ___' (well you know how it goes) to be hip hop. Regardless cute mini 1 team and I am very excited to watch the program tonight.

jersey cheer was last week, lifetime is trying out a few cheerleading pilots that could possibly be picked up for an entire season / series

Back