All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
So talk about the movie?
Did you like it or nah? I still hope someone sneaks a camera inside and put it online for Europeans.

So talk about the movie?
Did you like it or nah? I still hope someone sneaks a camera inside and put it online for Europeans.

....it's the equivalent of sitting and watching video on demand or a live feed

But with voice overs that say things like "the World Cup suns routine is a unique mix of stunts, scorpions and scales".

Um.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm watching it now. So far just a few teams full routines shown and a some highlights and a couple interviews with coaches.

I forgot about the Top Gun flags until I saw them and by then it was over.

I've also decided I like their uniform. They don't wear a uniform....it's more of an....experience. Right down the the soles of their feet.

I also really liked F5's uniform on the screen. It reminded me of Michael Jackson's outfit in the rock with you video.

I also feel like this is entirely too long.

ETA:

I take back my too long comment. I said that when I felt like no end was in sight due to the circumstances in this theatre.....and because I know that Shonda Rhimes is mad at me for being late to watch Grey's and scandal.

But for real. iTunes. It should have been sold on iTunes. But in sure people would have bootlegged it to death. Which is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:
I thought it was good. Was a little long. I really enjoyed the behind the scenes videos of the coaches etc. The part where they showed Brad H. from Cheer Athletics and his new baby was precious.

I liked the behind the scenes stuff the most.

When it was over my friend turned to me and said " It was good for what it was, " and I agree. I also agree that, aside from the behind the scenes interviews, which were my favorite, it was pretty much a live stream.

Also, they didn't acknowledge Smoed or Stars winning their division, just announced Top Gun's Grand Champion win

There was also no mention of scoring or real explanation of how prizes were awarded

At the end they were just like here's a check to TOP Gun for $10,000. They are the champions league. Okay bye.

I would have preferred to see more behind the scenes team footage than routines. I can see routines online, I can't get insight into practices. I wish they featured Twist and Shout. Their VoiceOver narration alone made me think "that's the kind of gym where I'd want my future kid to cheer". I would have loved to hear more from them.

Last edited:
It was good for the novelty of seeing cheer on the big screen. World Cup Suns and Ody got the shaft? I know why Stingrays didn't get a full length version of their routine, but why not those two? Ody got an introduction - and then it jumped straight to Panthers.

Some of the voiceovers were awkward. And the editing was a little rough at times - but it was done in a few days. I liked the behind the scenes parts. I liked seeing ECE (and they got the loudest cheer in my theater, otherwise it was fairly quiet).

But I think some more explanations of the scoring might have been good. Or more explanations about the parts of the routine, but I guess it really was a movie geared towards cheer fans.

Also, @12stepCheermom I was keeping an eye out for your son! And @quitthedrama I know your daughters were there too. I can't imagine what it must be like to see your kids on the big screen. It was weird seeing Jac Donahue and I barely even know her hahah.

Overall I enjoyed it. They need to work on camera logistics for next time---please teach them how to shoot baskets---and the narrarator needs help. There were a couple of times that I thought we were going to commercial but overall I thought it was nicely done for a first time project.

Back