All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just got back and it was pretty good, but i walked in with low expectations since it was thrown together in just a few days.

They should have done more behind the scenes footage. I would have loved to have seen more on Stingrays. Orange is the most decorated team in cheer and stingrays tend to stay out of the media so I would have loved to have seen how that power house operates. Also, I would love to hear from the coach that taught Angel Rice how tumble.

Brad's little Harlow is adorable, but I also wish they would have focused on Cheer Athletics and interviews from kids on what it's like to cheer there etc, etc, etc.

The story about the Top Gun kid was touching and I fell more in love with Top Gun if thats even possible.

Elaine Pascale has my heart. End of story.

Oh and I wish the narrator would have made less of the "this team has a huge following on twitter" and more of "this team has won yadi yada world championships and NCA championships. here are some rituals they do before they compete".

The end was kinda awkward. It was just like Top Gun wins here is your check everyone go home. They did not even feature WCSS or smoed winning

Sorry for the long post but overall I liked it!!:D

ETA: I wish the actual competition would have moved that fast :p

Last edited:
Did not see the movie at all, but as read on some of my past cheer kid's instagram comments:

OMG IT WAS AMAZING. WHEN ERICA DID THE BALL UP 360, the ENTIRE FRONT ROW WAS ON THE FLOOR SCREAMING AND CRYING. SO EMOTIONAL.

Apparently, kids were in a cheer movie having praise breaks over stunts like:

chiesa-esorcismo-posseduta-demonio-diavolo.gif

7d0674cf41.gif

Crazy.

Last edited:
The teams whose routines weren't shown didn't change their music to match the copyright requirements. I'm pretty sure they knew that going into the event.

As read on instagram comments:

OMG IT WAS AMAZING. WHEN ERICA DID THE BALL UP 360, the ENTIRE FRONT ROW WAS ON THE FLOOR SCREAMING AND CRYING. SO EMOTIONAL.

Apparently, kids were in a cheer movie having praise breaks over stunts like:

chiesa-esorcismo-posseduta-demonio-diavolo.gif

7d0674cf41.gif

Crazy.

I hate to say something like this because it implies that I care when really don't. And I'm not trying to say that the current SE Flyer that did the ball up 360 isn't good by any means.

But when I saw it in the routine I was like "meh". It lacked the height and grace of the original group/flyer that did it. If is was something done for the first time I wouldn't have batted an eye at it.

I did like that she celebrated when she hit it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm curious if the movie was done next year would you go to it again?
CP said she would definitely go see it next year. (I would like to see more behind the scenes footage.) She liked the way they shot it. She felt it took the focus off any single athlete and put the spotlight on the team as a whole. She also felt they should have showed more of the awards ceremony.

I hate to say something like this because it implies that I care when really don't. And I'm not trying to say that the current SE Flyer that did the ball up 360 isn't good by any means.

But when I saw it in the routine I was like "meh".

They're in middle school. So to them it was a borderline religious experience.

Makes me glad I did not go. The thought of a theatre full of OMGSTUNTSGONNACRYLOLOMG after a day at work would have been SO NOT fun!

@12stepCheermom spotted your cp and started to be like "oh that's-" but then I realized I was the only fierceboarder there. :oops:
My theater was "sold out" but there were lots of empty seats, I'm not sure what that was about.
I feel like the movie was a one time thing. After that they should go with a live stream, if they want to do "behind the scenes" they can do those like on demand when you purchase the live stream. It's probably not worth it for them to make another one, now that the name is out there and they got the hype.

I enjoyed it. There were some awkward moments but overall worth watching. There were so many moments that stood out to me; Brad and his partner and precious Harlow, CEA Fab 5, Elaine Pascale and Josh Boatwright. I also loved the red carpet and seeing so many familiar faces.

And to answer @King I would absolutely go again next year.

@BlueCat What percentage of your music had to be changed for you to be featured? I understand copyright issues, but I was not sure to what degree and to whom the infringement would be towards...the music producer or the original artists?

I noticed a couple editing errors like how the narrator was starting to introduce cali coed and then all of sudden he stops speaking and their routine starts.

also would of liked it to be less story like and show warm up footage then competition footage if that makes sense of what im trying to say

I liked parts of Senior Elite's champions league music more than I like their real music.

Like I liked the music for the straight up lib - hold hands stunt. I don't like the straight up - lib hold hands stunt....but not having the "I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side" music made it less hokey. I get that it means something to them personally.

But that part of their routine just gives me Barney and Friends teas....and not having that music made it less...Barney....

I noticed a couple editing errors like how the narrator was starting to introduce cali coed and then all of sudden he stops speaking and their routine starts.

also would of liked it to be less story like and show warm up footage then competition footage if that makes sense of what im trying to say

I noticed that too...but I thought maybe I personally had just stopped paying attention.

After all the people sitting next to me chose that moment to say "yaaay its Cali Smoed"

They also asked "Is Top Gun good".... At that point I really didn't understand their purpose of being there

Our theater had maybe 10 other people in it, so we all just sat and talked like we were in our living room. I'm *in* Chicago (meaning not the suburbs where most people who say they live in Chicago actually live) so I was the only white person - and the only parent. Interesting conversation.

My friend that I took knows nothing about cheer. She asked me at least a thousand questions and is now at home googling cheerlebrities and Top Gun. She said she enjoyed it because, and I quote, she "enjoys getting a deeper look at things you think you know, but really you have no clue. This is like a whole other world I never knew existed. So these people are like... famous?!" Lol she couldn't get over how everyone in the theater knew who everyone in the movie was.

I saw 12step's son, quitthedrama's daughters (both of them?), and notimeforthat's daughter. Looked for msteal's but couldn't find her. :(

I don't know if I'd go again or not. Probably only if they add more story and better angles of the routines. A pyramid isn't really interesting when I can only see 2 bases and no pyramid.

Back