All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought this was pretty realistic of course it was edited we heard 2 seconds of obviously longer comments. Took things that were meant as a joke (calling the kid a dingbat) as a sincere statement. I guarantee that if a show was ever made of any gym I'd coach they would get plenty of material. Maybe u all should revisit the things coaches say thread....the only thing I would say was overboard was grabbing the kid at the beginning, but now that I know that was her daughter that is pretty normal too. Trust me there are plenty of times I have wanted to put a kid in their spot but have not acted on it as I would never handle someones kid like that but if it was my kid, probably so. And I reiterate we did not hear the whole conversation just 3 seconds of it. As much as I think the moms on t&t are crazy, 1. I know more about pageants then I ever knew I wanted too and 2. I would not be against my kids participating bcuz I do see some positive aspects whereas before I would have never even considered. So even though their will be some things portrayed we may not like, some little girl is going to realize all cheerleaders don't use poms, sone dad will realize there really is some athleticism in cheer, some gymnastics mom will stop forcing her daughter to do gymnastics when she has been begging her to cheer, some dance mom will realize her child can cheer and still compete. And like me people will learn a lot about competitive cheer and firm their own opinions from there

One thing I have learned about reality TV...the editing can take words and entirely change the meaning of them.

They can edit a few words said today, with something I said weeks ago and create new meaning. In the "one on ones, a producer can ask a question about how that person liked a certain movie. And now that, "it sucked" answer can be thrown into just about anything.

Take it all with a grain of salt (especially the dialogue you don't actually see the person saying or when the lips / words don't match.)

One thing I have learned about reality TV...the editing can take words and entirely change the meaning of them.

They can edit a few words said today, with something I said weeks ago and create new meaning. In the "one on ones, a producer can ask a question about how that person liked a certain movie. And now that, "it sucked" answer can be thrown into just about anything.

Take it all with a grain of salt (especially the dialogue you don't actually see the person saying or when the lips / words don't match.)

And THAT is why TV cameras wouldn't be allowed in my gym. Once they have the footage and sound bytes, they can manipulate it any way they like. I would HATE to be filmed talking about one situation and then have them apply it to a different situation and make it seem like a horrible thing to say. We all know they do this but no one has any way of knowing if that was actually what was said or not.

And THAT is why TV cameras wouldn't be allowed in my gym. Once they have the footage and sound bytes, they can manipulate it any way they like. I would HATE to be filmed talking about one situation and then have them apply it to a different situation and make it seem like a horrible thing to say. We all know they do this but no one has any way of knowing if that was actually what was said or not.

Right?? I could be talking about how badly "Magic Mike" sucked, and suddenly I am ripping on another mom's CP at the gym. No thanks!

Right?? I could be talking about how badly "Magic Mike" sucked, and suddenly I am ripping on another mom's CP at the gym. No thanks!

And as a coach, I'd be ticked if I was watching and saw that. I'd have no idea if you actually said that about her or a movie or the nachos you ate from the concession stand. But because they showed it as being about someone else, it would just lead to so much more internal drama and bs.

So what is everyone"s thought on the new show starting next week........I think it is going to show more bad than good, personally I do not want the sport to be portrayed like Toddlers and Tiaras is!

BOO!!! I want to show off our sports wonderful and talented athletes!!!! Not make us look crazy!!!!!

A new sneak peek is available... Although she seems to be being a b**** simply because the cameras are on, I'm starting to see a better representation of cheer coming from this...

We did a whole unit on this in school this year. It's called a ghost question, where people just start spouting off opinions and you never hear what the question was

How many threads are going to be started about this? This is the 4th one I've seen this week.
amen. This is my first real summer on the boards and I'm not enjoying it. I just wish people would "friend" the search bar. I learned early on there is nothing I have to contribute that hasn't already had a thread made about it.

Back