All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Only a few more days until this actually airs....can't wait to see this thread Wednesday night. Also, I wish the parents had a separate room, not just a bench at the edge of the mat.

One thing I have learned about reality TV...the editing can take words and entirely change the meaning of them.

They can edit a few words said today, with something I said weeks ago and create new meaning. In the "one on ones, a producer can ask a question about how that person liked a certain movie. And now that, "it sucked" answer can be thrown into just about anything.

Take it all with a grain of salt (especially the dialogue you don't actually see the person saying or when the lips / words don't match.)
Agree. I think it happens a lot in these previews, I can't imagine how many times in the show they're going to manipulate it. The first time I watched the previews I cringed a little, now when I see them I think its a completely normal gym that has been edited in a bad way. Clearly when she pushes the girl in a headstand over and says "get up" she clearly doesn't actually say that there and it looks like she's joking around, not being mean like the preview tries to make it look.

I know from twitter that even the dance mom choreographer said she doesn't watch the show anymore because of how unrealistically its edited & twisted around.

"if you fall again i'm going to replace you"
"everyone's replacable" - abby.

every drama show with crazy editing has to have a tag line ha.

and I agree with using a senior team, no matter the level. I also feel things wouldn't be as harsh looking because yelling at a 16 yr old the same as a 6 year old changes things. plus, i cringe at the people on T&T with less than year old pagent girls, yet, (not that i find it acceptable) but its more acceptable to me to have the older girls who could actually say yes i want to do pageants (although, if they so no, mom won't listen lol)

How many threads are going to be started about this? This is the 4th one I've seen this week.

I believe this was the first one, and you also posted a link back to this thread... :p posts possibly meant for another thread?

Agree. I think it happens a lot in these previews, I can't imagine how many times in the show they're going to manipulate it. The first time I watched the previews I cringed a little, now when I see them I think its a completely normal gym that has been edited in a bad way. Clearly when she pushes the girl in a headstand over and says "get up" she clearly doesn't actually say that there and it looks like she's joking around, not being mean like the preview tries to make it look.

I know from twitter that even the dance mom choreographer said she doesn't watch the show anymore because of how unrealistically its edited & twisted around.

I find it more that it happens in the previews for shows than the actual show itself. Many times audio is put over video that wasn't arranged the same way in the actual show, but I find that many times (now that's not saying all the time AT ALL) the context is more clear in the actual show than in previews.

I believe this was the first one, and you also posted a link back to this thread... :p posts possibly meant for another thread?

It was supposed to be for the last thread started! Oops. Fail.

Back