All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

okay. this is gonna put out a bad name for all star cheerleading. ive never even heard of this gym. and i think they're trying to be too much like dance moms, but im way more excited for the CMT show with CJA

Did anyone read the comments by viewers under the video on ABC's website? Exactly what I thought would happen...this is going to be bad for the public's perception of all-star cheer. :banghead:

If the show does not get high ratings tomorrow, TLC will cancel it. SOOOO.. how about not watch it "live". If we must watch this trainwreck, we should all just DVR it & watch it later... I do not think I can watch this.:mad:

ugh... the technique of skills in that trailer... and what did that girl throw that the coach went crazy over??? a half full??? who does those?? this show is gonna be so annoying! gonna set all star cheer back years. :(

its bad that the COACH is mocking out the jumps and her arms go higher than they should ... great job and this is just going to give all star cheering a bad name ! They should show worlds.... every team every division. and its been years since people have used pom poms everyone needs to get updated in the cheer world

Okay I hate to say this but, why are we getting so bent out of shape over this show? I love cheer and it's much more than a sport to me but I have gotten to the point where I don't get too upset if cheer isn't shown they way it should or if someone says it isn't a sport. It's an opinion and I know I have a questionable views about somethings and I cant be swayed. Some people will never think of cheer as a sport. And that's okay. And until a network that's pro cheaeleading creates a show like Cheerleaders Nation, we won't be happy. This is less about the girls and really about the parents being crazy parents of cheerleaders. The coach and girls in my opinion are victims of it.

Okay I hate to say this but, why are we getting so bent out of shape over this show? I love cheer and it's much more than a sport to me but I have gotten to the point where I don't get too upset if cheer isn't shown they way it should or if someone says it isn't a sport. It's an opinion and I know I have a questionable views about somethings and I cant be swayed. Some people will never think of cheer as a sport. And that's okay. And until a network that's pro cheaeleading creates a show like Cheerleaders Nation, we won't be happy. This is less about the girls and really about the parents being crazy parents of cheerleaders. The coach and girls in my opinion are victims of it.

so true but when ya get that phone call like I did from my "well meaning" (insert eye roll here... lol) mother in law this evening telling me about how awful cheer coaches and cheer moms are after seeing this pilot on a news show this morning I lose it! BTW evidently channel 7 in NY showed the trailer as part of their morning show including the parents saying.. " I pay for a win... I want the coach to slap my kid in the face if that's what she needs" but they played it as if it was a news piece interview done at a gym! At least that's how my MIL took it.. ugh ugh ugh... took me ten minutes to explain to her exactly what she saw and what it was blah blah blah... so tired of defending my daughter's sport! at least she's done now so I'll just be defending what she's done for the last 9 years of her life at this point. lol!

so true but when ya get that phone call like I did from my "well meaning" (insert eye roll here... lol) mother in law this evening telling me about how awful cheer coaches and cheer moms are after seeing this pilot on a news show this morning I lose it! BTW evidently channel 7 in NY showed the trailer as part of their morning show including the parents saying.. " I pay for a win... I want the coach to slap my kid in the face if that's what she needs" but they played it as if it was a news piece interview done at a gym! At least that's how my MIL took it.. ugh ugh ugh... took me ten minutes to explain to her exactly what she saw and what it was blah blah blah... so tired of defending my daughter's sport! at least she's done now so I'll just be defending what she's done for the last 9 years of her life at this point. lol!

So with you on this one, but it's my mother, not my mother in law. She thinks I'm crazy for all I do, and if/when she sees this show I will have to explain FOREVER.....sigh....

We all know or should know that reality TV is the opposite of reality and is edited to what the producers want it to be. With that said the quickest way to end this is to NOT watch, Toddlers and Tiara's and Dance Mom is still on because we tell them that's what we want to see by keep tuning in. I've watched a few episodes but the over dramatization was too much. It's entertainment not reality.

After watching the Good Morning America thing and all the previews, the show doesnt seem as bad as everyone is making it to be. it is focusing more on the moms, not really anything else. The coach seems actually really nice. So what if they edit the coach saying something else or something negative to someone who is working on a new tumbling pass or wobbling in a stunt!? It doesn't effect CHEERLEADING. It affects the viewed attitudes of coaches and moms. It would be affecting cheer if the coach was heavily praising a senior athlete doing a bad cartwheel or forward roll, because that would cause the public to think that's all cheerleaders do, bad cartwheels and forward rolls. The kids are doing great tumbling skills that other people may have not seen before and they are in awe of that.

Like in dance moms, everyone says how GREAT the dancers are and they are all really amazing. The controversy is around the Abby Lee and her competitiveness, not how dancing sucks and is so easy that a 1 year old can do it. Ya know what I mean?

WE know what our sport is, and that's all that really matters.

I'm really not concerned about outsiders' views on the show, because they are just that - outsiders. Most of the people that have/are going to post and nasty things about this show have probably never cheered, so why get worked up over it? I understand and agree that this gym wouldn't have been my first pick, but oh well. I really don't think it seems that bad.

I also don't think that one reality show is going to change a lot of views on cheerleading, good or bad. I wish we could have another show like Cheerleader Nation, but even then people know that not every high school is Dunbar and not every city has a Cheer Athletics.
I had more to say, but my brain isn't just coming up with the words tonight! I hope ya'll understand what I'm getting at and I don't sound totally crazy...

If the show does not get high ratings tomorrow, TLC will cancel it. SOOOO.. how about not watch it "live". If we must watch this trainwreck, we should all just DVR it & watch it later... I do not think I can watch this.:mad:

I think it only matters if you have a Nielson box. Those ratings aren't everyone who watches TV, just everyone who watches TV and has a box provided by Nielson to track TV watching habits.

Back