Cheer Perfection, Wrap Up Of First Season And New Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I see that Cheer Perfection is returning to TLC on Wed night. I know that the show got better as it went on. The second half of the season will start airing and a new direction will begin filming. What do the viewers want to see? They will not hide the momma drama that every gym has, they just keep it real. The athletes are just like every other team that wants to win and has crossovers so stacking a team is not even a comment or consideration.

1. Why does everyone who comes on Fierceboard about this kind of garbage have to pretend they aren't involved at first? Really? You "see that Cheer Perfection is returning to TLC on Wed night"??? I don't think you just saw that on the guide on your satellite...:rolleyes:

2. Food for thought: I live in Illinois and I think your mamas are ridiculous. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

3. Lastly, here goes: So, I'm sorry you don't want our opinions on how the gym is run, but here's how life works: YOU (the gym) wanted to be on tv. YOU put your business out there. YOU posted on here and said, and I quote, "the athletes are just like every other team that wants to win and has crossovers so stacking a team is not ......blah blah blah". YOU started a thread about this show...on a message board with thousands of people on it.

And now we can only comment on what you want us to? Nope. This is like when the Kardashians ask people to respect their privacy. :confused: Don't invite me in to see all your ugly bs and then get mad when I comment on it.

Your gym is not that small. My children went to a small gym, much smaller than CTR. They had crossovers but did not stack their teams. They had a Youth 2 but they did not stack it with level 5 athletes because they "want to win" so don't you dare come on here and say that is "just like every other team" - it's not.

Your tumbling show off video was put out there by your gym. We saw it. The tumbling looked dangerous. As humans, we don't like to see kids have permanent life changing injuries that could be prevented. As a message board we will comment on that.

As for the show, the reason most of us don't watch it is because of reasons you were already given. Not enough about the kids. It's an embarrassment to cheerleading because it feeds into every stereotype out there. And quite frankly I just get irritated watching the moms act like middle school queen bees and fight over the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. They have horrible, fake, over dramatic personalities that aren't entertaining - just obnoxious.

I'll put it like this: We all love a good train wreck once in awhile. I'm sure everyone on here has some tacky show that is their guilty pleasure, where they love to watch drama and some crazy b****es fight it out (mine are Dance Moms and Big Rich Texas).

But Cheer Perfection is like Miley Cyrus at the VMA's - trying waaaaaaay too hard to create scandal just for the attention, and just uncomfortable and nauseating to watch.

ETA @quitthedrama sometimes I just love you. :kiss:

Things I would like to see (that have probably already been said):

-Real competitions and real, accurate results from said competitions
-Informing the viewers about levels and what putting together a level appropriate team entails
-Less fake mom drama. It's awful.
-Show them outside of the gym doing fundraisers, community service, etc... If they supposedly do these things, then show that they are more than just a bunch of kids thrown together for a TV show and show that cheer can have a POSITIVE impact on their lives.
-Taking more ownership of the teams and gym. You don't let parents run the show, even if it's for a show.

And for god's sake, don't show that level 5 team and the mess of tumbling they throw-ever.

At the end of the day, this show is a joke. You have let a television station make a mockery out of your gym. That's reality? No way. No gym would continue in that manner, and although I'm glad you have increased numbers this year, it's not because you are producing top notch teams with great technique. It's because people want to be on tv. If your reputation is second to making money, then so be it, but don't pretend that's not the priority of this show.

Oh, we'll watch at my house. It is fun to watch CP jump up and down at the TV and say, Huh-uh, Coach *** would. . . She gets a little animated and excited, she can only compare it to her practices which are not similar. We also rolled hair to episodes that we DVR'd last year, too. Takes me an hour to get those sponge rollers in all that hair. If we don't watch tomorrow, we will DVR.

Don't get it twisted. Cheer Time Revolution coaches and the instruction of the teams, as well as running of the gym is not what constructive input I was seeking.

Only seeking what viewers think a viewable direction for the show would be. Nothing else please.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It should've been (and yes I'm commenting on "something else") because all those amazing coaches and leadership - if they were that amazing - would never have allowed their gym or their kids to be the laughing stock of Allstar Cheerleading.

Still wondering what this sentence means.

It means "We know that the cheer world is now aware that we put girls with level 5 tumbling skills on a level 2 team so they could be on TV. We know that no one thinks that's ok, considering that that level 2 team actually competed against other real, legit level 2 teams. So we're going to say 'Everyone does it' and assume that you idiots will believe it, even though your own experience tells you otherwise. Aaaaaaannnnd...now we're going to pretty much demand that you not comment on it because we don't have an answer that isn't a bunch of 'horse ----' so rather than face the heat we're going to just ignore the elephant in the room that is our sand bagging Youth Silver."

(hee hee, "horse ----" Hadn't heard that in sooooooo long. Now it's my new favorite phrase, @12stepCheermom )

It means "We know that the cheer world is now aware that we put girls with level 5 tumbling skills on a level 2 team so they could be on TV. We know that no one thinks that's ok, considering that that level 2 team actually competed against other real, legit level 2 teams. So we're going to say 'Everyone does it' and assume that you idiots will believe it, even though your own experience tells you otherwise. Aaaaaaannnnd...now we're going to pretty much demand that you not comment on it because we don't have an answer that isn't a bunch of 'horse ----' so rather than face the heat we're going to just ignore the elephant in the room that is our sand bagging Youth Silver."

(hee hee, "horse ----" Hadn't heard that in sooooooo long. Now it's my new favorite phrase, @12stepCheermom )
Some things are just precisely descriptive. ;)

Admiring the size of tigercoachk's NUggeTS.

But if you want to know how the fierceboard feels, use the search bar. We've never been shy about what we would like to see on the show.
LOL, Mama.

Many threads discussing the show so enjoy the read and since you said the producers have final say on all editing please keep in mind they have done nothing to help your gym's image or reputation.

But since you, @tigercoachk , are reading this, allow me to respond.

The show that you've put out there was never meant to be anything more than what it is. TV shows strive for viewership, plain and simple. The vast majority of the TV-watching public is ignorant to the all-star cheer world, in every way possible. They think, based on the media and shows like "Dance Moms" and "Toddlers and Tiaras," that all youth-centered, competitive activities must involve Helicopter Parents whose actions are so outrageous that it makes the viewer feel way more normal and secure.
We (parents, coaches, athletes and industry professionals) realize that what is mostly shown on this show would never be tolerated, much less encouraged, in any gym - rec team, small, large or mega program. All we wanted to see was a show that represented the sport positively. A show that focused on the kids, not the parents. Something that made us "love" these families and have hope for their futures, in cheer and in life.
What we were handed was a highly dramatic representation of a tiny fraction of the all-star cheer world, but we would rather see the teams. You became a representative of "our world" when you signed on for this and you failed us.
Best of luck with your ratings, but I wish even more luck for the future of your gym and its athletes.

But since you, @tigercoachk , are reading this, allow me to respond.

The show that you've put out there was never meant to be anything more than what it is. TV shows strive for viewership, plain and simple. The vast majority of the TV-watching public is ignorant to the all-star cheer world, in every way possible. They think, based on the media and shows like "Dance Moms" and "Toddlers and Tiaras," that all youth-centered, competitive activities must involve Helicopter Parents whose actions are so outrageous that it makes the viewer feel way more normal and secure.
We (parents, coaches, athletes and industry professionals) realize that what is mostly shown on this show would never be tolerated, much less encouraged, in any gym - rec team, small, large or mega program. All we wanted to see was a show that represented the sport positively. A show that focused on the kids, not the parents. Something that made us "love" these families and have hope for their futures, in cheer and in life.
What we were handed was a highly dramatic representation of a tiny fraction of the all-star cheer world, but we would rather see the teams. You became a representative of "our world" when you signed on for this and you failed us.
Best of luck with your ratings, but I wish even more luck for the future of your gym and its athletes.

Standing and clapping!

I loved watching Cheer on CMT and as much as level 5 teams are awesome to watch - I think it would be great to showcase a top level 3ish team ala Cheer format. All star cheer is unique from other sports where - level 1 through level 5 cheerleaders all work hard - just on a different set skills.

I loved watching Cheer on CMT and as much as level 5 teams are awesome to watch - I think it would be great to showcase a top level 3ish team ala Cheer format. All star cheer is unique from other sports where - level 1 through level 5 cheerleaders all work hard - just on a different set skills.
I agree. I'd love to see the progression of a true L2 or L3 team!

But since you, @tigercoachk , are reading this, allow me to respond.:)

OMG Mama, how did I not see this yesterday. Love it.

Back