Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My biggest pet peeve is that I was put on a junior level one team the SEASON after being on senior level 3. I'm experienced enough to be on that team. Don't hold me back! When my coaches put me with bases that are much shorter than me and I'm like five five.

1. Dirty Looks from the other teams in your division
2. Competitions that favor the big gyms
3. When the girls who have NEVER done allstars before try to tell me how to properly do a stunt. Um thats what the coaches do!

- Girls who compete with straggly hair. Please brush your hair!!!
- Head bobble-ing. It's not cute. It looks ridiculous.
- Teeny girls with multiple massive boys. It stops being impressive.

I agree NewCheerMom and how do you know they will never fly.
I don't really. She has only been cheering a couple months. She is 7 and is on the smallish side for her age, so maybe someday. Right now she just does as she is told, today it was practicing her facial expressions LOL

My cheerleading pet peeves are:
1. When flyers don't point their toes while in the air
2. When making cheer motions, they're broken wrists :mad:
3. When cheerleaders do jumps, they don't point their toes
4. When flyers decide to just fall
5. When flyers are loose and not tight
6. Wrong practice uniforms colors
7. People complaining (if your hurt, your hurt. It's cheerleading. Its not always gonna be painless)
8. When peoplle hurt themselves on purpose JUST to sit out
9. When people don't show up at practice because they don't feel like it.
10. When coaches tell the cheerleaders to do something, they don't do it.

I agree with nearly everything in her but my top 5 are:

1) People not turning up to practice, then when they do turn up they complain that they don't know what to do or aren't flying in a certain stunt etc.
2) Spotters not spotting correctly e.g. standing away from the flyer with their hands in ther air instead of holding the flyer
3) team members saying 'oh I wish I could do that (b&a, scorp etc) and then don't practice
4) People chatting over the coach and then tell other people to be quiet.
5) People making a team just to make up numbers - is it really that have to get the basics of cheerleading first!?!

cheater bows. when they arent flexible enough to pull an actual bow that they put their arm behing their leg instead of in front, ANNOYING.

when your whole team is waiting for someone to fix their arms, hands,etc. and your coach wont start counting because of them and they dont even know it

Back