Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ohhh and i forgot...bows that don't match uniforms AT ALL!!! i like the ones that are for a cae, like if you wear a pink bow for breast cancer or something like that, but i don't understand why teams wear bright green zebra bows when their colors are like black and blue

OHHHH i hate this. there is one place out there that does that. they are AMAZING. dominated this year, their cheer skill doesn't need a different coloured bow for each team.

my pet peeve is STUNTING ON CONCRETE, i'm sure you've seen it, in the back at a competition, teams practicing their stunts. my girls know better!

when moms have thos blow horns!
snooty looking cheerleader
when there are people on a team that can't actually tumble that level
flyers flying just cuz they are small and not flexible
sloppy arm motions
bases saying your job is too easy all you do is stand (ITS NOT EASY)
dont land with your feet together in a jump
legs apart in a back handspring

That's what happened to my group this year!
Also when you're experienced
you're like five foot five and you get stuck with the small bases that have never cheered before!

I was at a comp recently when the whole stadium was doing this as a guy (who looked at least 18) was getting wheelchaired off cos of a knee injury. I honestly dont think I could think of anything worse than people shouting this while i was in a huge amount of pain. SO SO cringe!
I agree! When I'm at a competition and someone gets hurt our coach just tells us to clap as they walk off

Sorry, I got so preoccupied with replying to another comment that I didn't answer the actual thread, lol.

Pet Peeves:

1) Wearing Uggz while wearing your uniform........that irks me to my core!

2) Unzipped/unbuttoned uniforms. You're in public, please dress as such.

3) Athletes that talk to their parents like they are children or incompetent........I see this too often at competitions....NO RESPECT!

4) BAD SPORTMANSHIP: "If we didn't drop that stunt we would have won"............... oh get over it. You dropped it and you lost, don't try to minimize or belittle the other teams win. They hit and you didn't, better luck next time.

5) ILLEGAL PLAYERS: Gyms using illegal athletes on teams. It's not that serious........In the end, cheaters never prosper.

6) Rude Fans/Cheer Moms/Cheer Dads: No matter what the situation, there's no need to yell obscenities in a arena full of young athletes. There's no need to bash another gym in the stands. And there's def no reason to discuss the inner workings of your gym. Let in house issues remain in house........this is how rumors are started.

7) The "FAKE" Injury: The girl/guy that messes up in the routine (falls from a stunt, touch down on tumbling, etc) and in order to soften the blow, they fake an injury the moment the music ends, or they can't breathe all of a sudden. Why be so dramatic?? You messed up, try harder next time.

8) People that don't like F5 Jason! How can you NOT like him? He's amazing.......

9) Popcorn People: I can't stand when girls/guys are bouncing all over the floor. Just bouncing for no reason. Walking to their spot....they're bouncing. Coming out of a cradle......they're bouncing. Doing an approach for a jump....oh yes....you guessed it.....they're bouncing. STOP BOUNCING. You look like a Jumping Bean sheesh!

10) Mad Bumpers: LOL. I hate the people that get mad when you bump them while walking in the hallway of a national competition. Mind you, there's like 20,000 people here, and about half of them are walking in the hall right now. If you get bumped, just keep moving. You're not going to die because someone touched your uniform. I promise you still have your magical powers.

I'm going to stop at 10 but I could go on forever, lol.

Don't kill me but who is F5Jason?

When people say that competitions favor the big names. I go to CA which I would definitely consider a big name. And no, I honestly can't name one competition where any CA teams are favored. And yes, once I went to a gym with 2 teams, so I know how it feels to be on the other side.

When you see the same girl in front for the stunt sequences, dance, jumps, and has last pass, etc...
Teams should show off all their members! I'm sure there are other girls who can be fierce, too :)

oh.. and people who aren't fierce at practice and say they're "saving it for the competition"... just do it at practice!!

-when a new song comes out and every one has it in there music!
-when people tell me all star cheerleeading isnt a sport
-when team uniforms have a triangle cut out by the chest to show some cleavage! were cheerleaders, not whores....
-same with skirts!
-direpectful teams!
-teams who are CLEARLY in the wrong level. if you only have 1 tuck and can't do a full lib then please go back down to level 2!

** Removed quote

I hate when idiots join the board and post really stupid messages and are probably too scared to let anyone know who they really are because then we would know how sad they really are when they feel a need to pick on someone else when they should really get professional help.

** Removed quote

This is uncalled for.

You have no say in how a group gets picked for a show and are not the judge of whether this team is an embarrassment or not. They have proven themselves plenty, to include this weekend.

Back