Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really hate teams that have a different uniform/hairstyle for each team, and the crossovers don't change unis. It looks tacky
Teams that compete in sports bras and hot pants. I don't care how cute they are, they're still underwear. I especially see this in 5/6 teams
Teams that are REALLY cocky
Fliers that can only do things with certain bases

-
-When people who don't even know how to tumble try to coach you on what you're doing wrong. I always respond, "Um, do I hear someone that doesn't know how to tumble talking?" It shuts them up every time.
-When people get their tumbling one day and come back to practice the next day, acting like they can't even do it. Not only do they complain that they can't do it, but they don't even TRY! It's, like, what's so different than yesterday? You just did it!

In ref. to number 1, I must say I'm a terrible tumbler. I'm not flexible and I have super long legs. My handsprings (headsprings) are hideous. But, I'm a tumbling coach and get paid to teach others how to to handsprings. Just because you can't do something personally doesn't mean you can't teach someone else.
In ref. to number 2. YESSS! I hate that! It's even worse when they go for a water break and then can't do it anymore

-flyers that should have never been in the air in the first place falling at a competition and costing the team first
-people who swear up in down that you think you are better than them because of their own insecurity
-people who think that because they weigh less they automatically are better flyers and deserve to be the trick flyer of the pyramid
-boys on a coed team that don't tumble
-cheerleaders that cant dance
-a talented team that deserves to win but doesnt because of bad choreography
-teams that decide they don't wanna work until warm-ups at competition
-chewing out your team for what went wrong on the mat as soon as the music stops

1.) bouncy up to your stunt or when your about to tumble or in jumps
2.) teams fighting
3.) parents arent supportive of their kids
4.) blaming athletes for the mistakes theyve made
5.) cheer drama b/t teams
6.) flyers dropping a skill then picking up on another one instead of just following your leg through to the next skill
7.) people who dont take it seriously and just do cheer for an activity

8.) people dropping levels just to beat a team or just to win cause its easier for them...HATE that!
9.) when you cant understand teams voiceovers in their music

-girls that are cheering because their mom forced them 2
-scales that aren't straight i just hate the knee sticking out ! lol
-pale uniform colors [pale green or pale yellow are the worst]
-when your at competitions and u go 2 the bathroom and people are changing in the stalls when you have to GO
-not twistnig fast enough in a double down so u land all awkwardly
-lost luggage when you fly to competition
-slow dances or dances to super calm music
-slow tumbling
-bases with long or fake fingernails ! (the schools around here dont make you cut them or take them off!) ughh!!
-not pointing your toes in a toe touch
-c jumps that aren't done right ! if you don't do it perfectly you look like a deformed bird trying to fly
-people who think its easy and then attempt it and look horrible.

Back