All-Star Cheer Pimping???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And maybe it's just me, but I don't consider level 5 cheerleaders any more special than level 1,2,3 or 4 kids.

However a lot of the time the success of the level 5 team in the gym is what attracts the lower levels... that may not always be the case but a lot of the focus tends to always be on the upper levels success.

I think it's extremely unfair to athletes that pay or bust their butt to fundraise to let anyone else cheer for free. All of my athletes pay their own way. We offer tuition scholarships only to those that can prove financial need (yes we ask for specific items as proof) and they are expected (but not required) to participate in fundraisers and it is frowned upon for them to take private lessons if they are scholarshipped. No one gets a free ride at all. Scholarships are capped at 60%. I as a coach get a 40% discount in tuition. But even I have to pay for unis, shoes, comps, etc. These things aren't free for anyone (unless you're such an awesome program this kind of swag is lavished on you I guess). We make it as easy as possible to participate but we never sacrafice quality.

And kids that don't pay don't have much to lose when they walk away from your gym. Money talks and those that are serious about being in your gym will FIND A WAY TO PAY.

Wow I did not know this was really going on. I thought it was just parents spreading rumors due to whatever reason. Now I have got to really pay attention because I have heard many say how the gym is helping pay bills and such for a child to cheer.

ShallowPoms said:
Wow I did not know this was really going on. I thought it was just parents spreading rumors due to whatever reason. Now I have got to really pay attention because I have heard many say how the gym is helping pay bills and such for a child to cheer.

Whaaaat???!

Yes I have heard through the grapevine that are gym was helping pay bills and such so that a kid would cheer there but I just chalked it up to just rumors by a jealous parent.

ShallowPoms said:
Yes I have heard through the grapevine that are gym was helping pay bills and such so that a kid would cheer there but I just chalked it up to just rumors by a jealous parent.

Probably so. I just can't wrap my mind around that. Do any other childrens sports pay their amateur athletes?
I guess if colleges can pay their athletes under the table a gym with deep pockets can too....

Probably so. I just can't wrap my mind around that. Do any other childrens sports pay their amateur athletes?
I guess if colleges can pay their athletes under the table a gym with deep pockets can too....
Yes it really makes you wonder....

Funny...I posted how silly that sounded...and today someone told me our old gym was giving away free uniforms and free tuition for a few months to level 5's........why??? crazy stuff

This happens more than people know. Some gyms that's the only way they can get the girls/guys with good cheer skills to come to their gym. I have actually seen coaches go up to other girls at competitions and attempt to get them to go to their gym...NO JOKE!

I've heard of it happening too, just a shame its not for my cp! Maybe I can auction her off on here!!!
The organization with the highest bid can have her for a season!

Of course, what kingston doesn't tell you is that their parents are charged $200 per month.

Haha. I actually think we are one of the cheapest for our area. I think AS tuition is 110 or 120 a month and includes a tumbling class.

this is happening more then you think one gym in my area was actually recruiting kids from another gyms level 5 team by offering them free tution, uniforms, travel fee, etc. in my opinion this is wrong!

Back