All-Star Cheer Pimping???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2010
I just had a HUGE argument with a friend of mine who believes that most gyms bribe girls and parents to come to their gyms. I think this is just ridiculous IMO. What do you all think???

I don't know if its most gyms, but certainly I know of some. Promises of being on the elite team but it never happens. Free tuition for a double full. Half for a full, etc. It happens. AND yes, it is ridiculous and most who fall for it end up unhappy.

I know some may think that this is far fetched but I can assure you that there are gyms that do this!! Not saying whether its good or bad but yes it happens!! My old Marine Corps recruiter did the exact same thing, even though my experience in the Marines was great, the things promised to me was not made good on!!;)

I've seen it done before, but I have never seen it done with a big gym. Most of them don't have a successful team because the majority of the kids shouldn't be on that level.

It happens. Offers from as little as free uniforms to cheering for free and promises of being on whatever team that kid wants. If coaches will 'recruit' at competitions, of course they will offer freebies.

Reactions: ian
It happens. This is not dissimilar to another thread about business we are having right now. If your gym can give away free stuff to students and still make money and pay everyone off then that is good business. I don't really feel like Ocho Cinco pays for his cell phone, right?

It happens. This is not dissimilar to another thread about business we are having right now. If your gym can give away free stuff to students and still make money and pay everyone off then that is good business. I don't really feel like Ocho Cinco pays for his cell phone, right?
What is the thread called?

What is the thread called?

Varsity for sale. Just discussing cheerleading is both awesome and a business. Remember, if no one made any money from it cheerleading wouldn't exist. Neither would football, baseball... or anything.

We've had plenty of threads about the equality of having boys cheering free on elite teams, but not girls. I'm sure it goes on..do I think it can cause resentment if the boys don't make up for it somehow (some boys who can't afford it are allowed to work it off), absolutely.

Back