All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had a nationals grand champ trophy that our coach dropped walking off stage and broke. The next comp we fell all over the place on day one, So I drove 2 hours home, got the top piece of the broken grand champs tropy, put it in a clear plastic box (like for showing novelty baseballs and stuff) with my champion medal, and drove back to the comp. We walked out the next day (and every comp since then) with that box and compete with it in front of the floor.
Undefeated all season.

We angered the cheer gods, and then made amends XD

My team last year did
1) Hair spray all the flyers legs for good luck
2) Eat Dip-n-Dots
3) Do each others make-up IF we compete later on that day

At practices AND competitions, I have to take the baby hairs off the top of my ponytail, wrap it around to the bottom and clip it. So I won't even start with my competition superstitions... although I did once post it in another thread!

I have to go on the floor last and by myself, at our last competition someone made me go in the middle with them and I did horribly.
If I'm competing with CEA Raleigh or Sanford I HAVE to get a hug from one of the coaches, Kevin, and if I'm competing with CEA Salem or Sanford I HAVE to give Ben Pope a bag of peanut m&ms when my team is in the hole. He opens them, asks me if I want some and then gives me exactly 3.

1. We do this dance called the "yes dance" before we go on
2. We do this other dance to check it out that this kid on our team made up
3. We pray backstage after warmup
4. After we pray as a team me and my friend go in a separate place and pray by ourselves
5. Me and this other girl on my team always have to hug backstage right before we go on
6. I always go onstage with the same person

When I leave my team to walk to the front of the mat/stage, I do the sign of the cross (even though I don't really believe in that stuff) and then I say, "Dear sweet baby Jesus, please help them hit their routine". Like in Talladega Nights... :)

1. We do this dance called the "yes dance" before we go on
2. We do this other dance to check it out that this kid on our team made up
3. We pray backstage after warmup
4. After we pray as a team me and my friend go in a separate place and pray by ourselves
5. Me and this other girl on my team always have to hug backstage right before we go on
6. I always go onstage with the same person
The yes dance is my life! <3 I was doing it before I went on at Canadian Nationals day 2 (mostly the "ding ding ding ding ding ding ding" part) and I was barely even nervous! It was like, a way of calming myself down, because day 1 I had an anxiety attack before my team competed :$

The yes dance is my life! <3 I was doing it before I went on at Canadian Nationals day 2 (mostly the "ding ding ding ding ding ding ding" part) and I was barely even nervous! It was like, a way of calming myself down, because day 1 I had an anxiety attack before my team competed :$
haha same, I love the yes dance! And it calms me down too, it kind of takes you away from being nervous for a couple minutes :)

Back