All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I tie my shoes super tight before I fly and then my stunt group right before we set says "hit it and quit it". We hit every time we say that. At the end we all get into a circle and high five each other at the same time so we hit the next time we do the stunt.

I have so many rituals. I have to have my shoelaces tucked into my shoes, my uniform bottom has to lay perfect with no wrinkles, and i have to have straight strands of hair tucked behind my ear. This year after our first competition, i would hold hands and walk out with the same person at every competition. Our only super senior would have us huddle up and talk to us and talk us down to make everyone feel confident then we would all say our team chant and disperse. People go off and do their own rituals with each other. I would normally pray by myself and then walk around and motion the routine to calm my nerves. I was the oldest in my stunt group this year, so at the bigger competitions like Dallas and BATC i would gather up my stunt group and talk to them and calm them down and pray with them :)

okay so personally i have a lot...
i only eat in the morning and i either have a granola bar or fruit but i always have to eat fruit before
i tie my shoes 5 times, once when we meet, once right before warmups, once during tumbling warmups (i cant warmup tumbling) once after warmups, and last time when 2 teams before us goes .
i only warmup my stunt once even if it falls the first time
i always warmed up my 2 man twice
i have to rhyme and pray with hannah
and walk out with her
but i cant hug her when we get on the floor
i always do the sign of the cross right before they call our name
i tell my group i love them and hug them
and i have to hug lili right before the music starts

my coahc used to have a song and dance that he would do for us ... half way through the season when he would walk away and go out front we would do the dance as a team right before we went on the floor. our last performance as a team we dedicated the dance in our routine to him and ended the routine yelling beautiful which was part of his song.

and me and a friend had a hand shake type thing that we would do every time before we went on the floor

I have lucky socks, were supposed to wear low white ankle socks, mine are grey polka dotted and most of the time I am able to hid them from my coach. Oh and as gross as it is I have to wear the same socks both days.
My other big one is I have to walk out on the floor holding my best friends right hand, she was injured for a comp this season and I felt so lost without her :s

By far my favorite thing that we do as a team is the "full team snow angel", if you hit your whole routine once you finish you get to lay on your back on the floor and snow angel :) so before we all go out on the floor we all encourage each other by yelling full team snow angel! I guess it worked, we all snow angel ed at worlds this year

I tie my shoes in a double knot before we go on the practise mat, then before we go on the mat, just after the team photo, I re-tie them in a double knot. At my last comp During the stunt and main cheer routine I came on holding hands with my front spot. We done really well at that comp, so I feel this will become a superstition and will come on with my front spot at internationals in July.

1. i have 4 lucky hairties that i even wear to school. no one can touch them and none of them can go in my hair/no one can borrow them
2. i cant change my school bag on days of cheer
3. i have to use the same water bottle and just keep rinsing it out and refilling it
4. i have to clean my room the day before a practice or else im not organized before cheer
5. use the same shampoo before i tumble
6. i have a lucky bow and whenever i dont wear it i just KNOW its a bad practice
7. lucky underarmour that i NEED to either wear or have in my bag
8. i cant take any empty packs of gum out of my bag
9. i only compete with my purple star socks and my blue ones
10. i take 34567890 years in the corner doing ocd things
11. i have to say "up layout pul, layout pull, dont hesitate" before i do a full and i pull up and over with my arms while doing it
12. i kick the floor with my right foot 8 times
13. i cant change my phone cover because it might mess my luck up
14. i used to say to my coach... you're spotting me right? even if i was gong by myself lol
15. lucky bra! and sports bra... but who doesnt have one?? lol
16. i used to only be able to tumble to 1 song so during privates i would make them keep it on replay
17. i used to have a necklace that kept on during stretching and i needed a coach to tell me to take it off... like they HAD to say it
18. before i compete i do my routine in my head 4 times in a row
19. nail polish is bad luck for me because one time i took off my nail polish and i had such a good tumbling day
20. i count to 8 4 times before i go to a corner
21. i dont watch people tumble bc im scared they might fall
22. i touch my hair 8 times before i go.... sometimes 4
23. i need to crack my fingers before i tumble
24. i cant smile during tumbling... i need to act mean
25. last one im gonna say!!!! but i definitely have more... i never change my cheer bag/empty it out for the whole season lol so if an empty bag gets in it... it's staying there! lol

wow i neer realized how much i had and there is still more. it's more of an ocd thing than a superstition thing

Back