All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

with the team- pray, in the same order in the same circle everytime, say our "power words" (such as believe, pressure, passion etc....) spin to win.

and i always say one more hail mary ;)

1. Always tie my shoes, before warmups, and when the team before us is going!
2. I rub my hands together alot...
3. I feel like if I don't stretch my jumps right before we go on, my jumps will suck.
4. Bad Warmup=good performance, sometimes.

And I definatly just posted on a thread that someone hasent posted on in ages...

Twizzlers and Coke only until cp competes, then Dippin Dots. Watermelon undies (they're so small on her now,) and yes, they get washed overnight for 2-day comps. Some athlete with fresh red lipstick has to kiss me on the left cheek. Pre-warm-up prayer, but I can't say it. I have to gather as many moms and athletes as I can that are near and find an African-american mom to say it. After they leave for warm-up, I go outside for a few, then use the bathroom, then wait for VIP. Never take off my backpack during that time. And I have to wear my scorpion earrings.

mines weird :p
1.i HAVE to be wearing my lucky socks.
2. my poof has to be a specific size ( i know weird).
3. i eat the same thing day one and two depeneding how we did.
4. i honestly have to tie my shoes like 6 times before we actually go on the floor.

Once at cheersport, we weren't hitting in warm ups. So our coach started cussing at us. We went out and hit a flawless routine. (we won) So day 2, and every comp after that, he says the same thing to us. And we hit ever since.

My superstitions are the night before I have to spray my sportsbra with perfume, make sure my phone is charged as well as have my cheer blanket. Before we go to compete, I always have to drink a lemon vitamin water and take my inhaler. Then I have to hug my mommy before we go to warmups. Before the routine I always yell rock it don't bomb it before we go and do my handshake with my friend. Then I usually talk to myself before the music is on. After the routine I always jump on the same person and hug her. Then the next person I have to hug is my mom. I didn't get to do that at U.S. Finals

1. we always listened to the boys sing "heat of the moment"
2. we would do like a circle with " do it do it do it go go go, do it do it do it fight fight fight, do it do it do it win, win, win now stop and let the little ones do it (all the way through 'and let the college kids do it') and has it be JUST our team because one time we let another team come in while we said 'and let everyone do it' and we didn't do well AT ALL
3. when my friend was a junior they would sing 'if you're happy and you know it' and the last verse would always be "if you're happy and you know say first place (FIRST PLACE!)"
4. a girl on my team says it always has to rain, if it rains it hits, ALWAYS
5. we do a ladies talk and the boys talk and the boys always say the same thing after
6. finish with the classic ACE IN YOUR FACE HOORAH
8. the boys also have to tape their uniform pants to themselves because of this one time a boys pants fell off... oops

Me and my best friend have to drink a Sprite the day of the competition. Preferably bottled, but canned is alright too. I don't go for the 'we only have 7Up' thing, I will search until I find a Sprite. And it also cannot be a fountain drink, we don't like the way those Sprite's taste.

And, I only wear colored socks. Wearing white socks is not normal to me, and I know that it looks terrible when your colored sock happens to be sticking out of your shoe while competing so thats why I make sure that I tuck my socks in well enough so that doesn't happen. In most cases, at NCA, I wear white socks because I know that line judge is thinking in her head "What was that girl thinking?" Haha! :)

EDIT:
I also have this thing where if it happens to be a 2-day competition, if we hit perfect on Saturday, I post a Facebook status on Sunday that is very similar to Saturday's status for good luck. LOL.

I wake up to the same song every out of town comp. Before we perform we pray to the Cheer Lords and we do a special team prayer, Falling is not an Option, Touching down is a Sin, Together we are a Team, and together WE WILL WIN! AMEN! (It's a call and repeat.) And then we do our We Ready circle and team chant, Hit it and Quit it, Expect Success! In that order. What do you guys mean by "split things"

I wake up to the same song every out of town comp. Before we perform we pray to the Cheer Lords and we do a special team prayer, Falling is not an Option, Touching down is a Sin, Together we are a Team, and together WE WILL WIN! AMEN! (It's a call and repeat.) And then we do our We Ready circle and team chant, Hit it and Quit it, Expect Success! In that order. What do you guys mean by "split things"
Like if one person goes to the right side whhen they're walking around a pole or something, everyone else has to go to the right too

my team is extremely superstitious. In our huddle we do before we go on everyone has to be in the same spot next to the same person every competition. We always have to do all our rituals. Although this year day 2 at battle at the capitol we were so rushed and had no time to do any of them and were litterly taken from warmups and put on the floor. Everyone was freaking out but it ended up being our best performance of the season. Guess that proved that superstitions don't mean anything and if your good, your good.

Back