All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I always have to walk onto the mat with the same person every competition...and last year we always had to go out last. Other than that I'm not too superstitious

hahah oh wow, I think our team was THEE most superstitious team in the world last year. First thing we did when we got in the warm up room was pass around a red bull and everyone had some. Then we warmed up and had each of our individual superstitions. Then when we were backstage we did our "this is the power chant" with Kenney and he would give us a little speech to make us smile (we could not do it without Kenney), then we did the hokey pokey (power style) then we did our team chant and then visualized the routine until we went on stage. We usually picked something to do when we got on the floor on day 2 of an out of state or just the performance at a local. Like a 5-6-7-8 everyone turn to the side and do two booty pops and get in your spot. On day two of worlds we all pointed at Kenney and said "We love you Kenney!" before we got set. If you want to watch that: its at around 16-17 seconds. At the beginning of the season we did a "intense set" before we got set, but at the first competition, we had a girl fall out of her stunt on a smoosh, so we stopped doing it hahah.

lucky undies-heres a story......lol. My mom left my lucky red undies i have worn for EVERY competion in my life. if fact she didnt even pack me any! so she had to go out and buy me these green pick and zebra print undies. i wore them and we won! hello new lucky undies!

lucky bra-worn it every competion. wont wash it between 2 days. eww i know.

imsohollywood said:
lucky undies-heres a story......lol. My mom left my lucky red undies i have worn for EVERY competion in my life. if fact she didnt even pack me any! so she had to go out and buy me these green pick and zebra print undies. i wore them and we won! hello new lucky undies!

lucky bra-worn it every competion. wont wash it between 2 days. eww i know.

lucky you got to wear a bra! hahah. our uniform didn't allow for bras.

Before We go on floor I have to go over the sequences of events in my head with my eyes closed.. i.e. - opening to baskets, baskets to elite, elite to tumbling.. And so on.. I have to.. Never have not done it and so far I have never blanked on where to go at a competition.. Haha

blunchin said:
RoyalHighness said:
Okay so, i have 3 superstitions.

1.) I cant warm up my double. I have to just warm up my pass with pretty fulls in it and then just throw it on the floor.

2.) I absolutely HAVE to have my shoelaces tucked in to my shoes when I compete. If I walk on the floor and they arent tucked in i will sit down and tuck them in, even though they come undone in the first 2 seconds of the routine.

3.) Before I tumble when I compete I shake my shoulders in the diection i full (left) and rub my feet on the floor. I probably look somewhat like a bull..haha.

Hope it helps!

omg the shimmy in the corner! back in the day girls at my gym used to hardcore give you a shake before they tumbled.

Ashleigh Wells? haha. Practically had a seizure in the corner everytime.

TigerCheer said:
I always have to walk onto the mat with the same person every competition...and last year we always had to go out last. Other than that I'm not too superstitious

and this year you get to look at me until the music turns on. lucky you.

-Lucky green lace and cheetah print undies.
-HAVE to pray with Alexa (fiercelexaaa) before we go on. Even though we're not on the same team this year, we STILL do it.
-I have to eat a bagel before I compete. In the morning though. I didn't have one before Jamfest Indy either day (because our hotel didn't have any) and we got 4th :( I will ONLY eat a bagel before we compete. No matter what time we go on.
-When we do our circle chant (We look fly! We look good! Touch our swag? Wish you could!) I have to have Aaron on my right and Morgan on my left. We will weasel our way between people to get there.
-If I don't see my mom while I run onto the floor.. Things go bad for me. I FREAK out. I have to see her. Jamfest is another story because I know it's impossible for me to see her unless she's standing with my coaches. Which she is not about to do.

I know there are more, but I can't think right now...

ohhh lindss said:
-HAVE to pray with Alexa (fiercelexaaa) before we go on. Even though we're not on the same team this year, we STILL do it.
-I have to eat a bagel before I compete. In the morning though. I didn't have one before Jamfest Indy either day (because our hotel didn't have any) and we got 4th :( I will ONLY eat a bagel before we compete. No matter what time we go on.
-When we do our circle chant (We look fly! We look good! Touch our swag? Wish you could!) I have to have Aaron on my right and Morgan on my left. We will weasel our way between people to get there.
-If I don't see my mom while I run onto the floor.. Things go bad for me. I FREAK out. I have to see her. Jamfest is another story because I know it's impossible for me to see her unless she's standing with my coaches. Which she is not about to do.

that is a TRUE statment, saw it for myself

ohhh lindss said:

i have to see my coaches! i could care less about my mom lol but my coaches are of dire [sp?] importance

when i did allstar:
-shelby would always pray then we would break
-me and tori had to walk out together
-then we chest bumped while doing the anchorman jump
-i could only warm up my tumbling once
-chelsea had to do my makeup

i'm sure there were more but i can't think of them right now haha

ohhh lindss said:

personal:
I'm the same way with bagels! if we're competing early though, i don't eat anything. i'm scared if i eat anything else i will throw up. i ALWAYS need to have a new, unopened water bottle with me in warmups. I bring it to every mat and put it down in front of my spot. then right before i go on, i give it to my team mom. i go through the sections of the routine in my head on the floor. i always need to hold hands with someone as im walking onto the floor until i get halfway up the mat. i always need to be with my flyer from warmup to the floor.

teams i've been on:
specific speech and prayer. right shoe double knotted. spin to win. slow clap. one time we sang "i believe i can fly" before we went on and bombed the routine, so no one was allowed to ever mention those words again. never splitting anything (including escalators).

I walk out with the same personnn!

I tuck my shoelaces in, but only the right one!

I tie my pants really super tight before I walk onto the floor too!

cody22009 said:
I walk out with the same personnn!

I tuck my shoelaces in, but only the right one!

I tie my pants really super tight before I walk onto the floor too!

That's good because last year at AG, I saw in person when a guy on Cali's small limited team's pants flew down to his ankles during his double.

Back