All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Beeis4Becca said:
this thread is giving me the chills, i hate before i compete....i'm somewhat a mess and have mini anxiety attacks

Exactly how I feel when I read this thread. Before I go onto the floor, I always ask Alexa why on earth I do cheerleading because I hate it so much. And when I say I hate it, I mean I hate the feeling before we go on the floor (but secretly I love it...).

For NEA my superstitions:
Chrome Duck Tape on the inside of my spankies, and on the inside of my right shoe.
Lucky Zebra socks, right foot has to go on first then left.
I have to wear a black bra.
Have to drink apple juice right after warm ups.

Ha, those are just a few, kinda crazy i know.

samichick said:
Chrome Duck Tape on the inside of my spankies, and on the inside of my right shoe.

May I ask how on earth that can be comfortable? :scratch:

ohhh lindss said:
samichick said:

May I ask how on earth that can be comfortable? :scratch:
the sticky side against the spankies and my shoe. haha dont ask me why its just something i do

my team has to have pixie sticks before we go out on the floor (preferebly blue). when we dont have pixie sticks i FREAK OUT. i'm probably the most supersticious one about it on my team. if someone doesn't want one i make them have it!!!! bad things happen when there are no pixie sticks.....:(

CAWildkitty44 said:
haha. If you always have to for comfort I would say your superstitious. hahaha what are some of your teams superstitions. Songs you listen to? Chants? sayings? anything?
we circle up and say "HIT YOUR SHHHHHH" we even got team shirts with that on it. one of the tems moms told us it was "gramatically incorrect" lol
then we always pray before going on the floor.

No matter what team I've competed on (high school or 3 different allstars gyms) we ALWAYS circle up and say the Lord's Prayer. I panic at the thought of what would happen if we didn't.

Other than that I didn't really do any weird stuff. In high school we always huddled as a stunt group and talked to each other. Especially our flyer because she was a freshman and always got super nervous. And honestly not very consistent so we had to talk her up as to how she was going to hit everything and we never dropped at competition that year.

Junior year on allstars I had to just bump my friend on the front and center of the mat. No real reason behind that one. haha

EDITED TO ADD: I always look for my mom too. If I new she wasn't there I was ok with it, but if I didn't see her it freaked me out and I spent a lot of the routine looking for her which wasn't exactly what I should have been focused on. haha

cheerKT said:
EDITED TO ADD: I always look for my mom too. If I new she wasn't there I was ok with it, but if I didn't see her it freaked me out and I spent a lot of the routine looking for her which wasn't exactly what I should have been focused on. haha

Exactly why I have to see her. At any Jamfest I'm okay with it (kind of) as long as I can see my coaches.

samichick said:

one of my friends does something like this, but she just puts sticky tape in her skirt so she "sticks" her stunt.

powerXbaby said:
siobhanGA said:
Im a bit obsessed with this girl band in the UK called Girls Aloud, and i was given a sticker of them for good luck at our first stunt group comp so i stuck it to the inside of my top and we did really well. then next comp we got new unis, so i put the sticker inbetween my skirt and shorts and again we did awsome. last comp i forgot to take it on floor with me and left it in my make up bag, yes we did terrible! i swear i will never forget it again! apart from that we dont really have any others, usualy just group hugs, and 1,2,3 *team name* :)

btw what do yall mean when you say you never "split" anything ?

and example would splitting a pole would be half some of the team go on one side and the others go on the other side. Everyone has to go on the same side of the pole. Whether it be the right or the left. You can't split elevators. Everyone has to ride the same elevator. You just don't split things. It's bad luck hahah.

ohh right i get ya, thanks for clearing that up :)

My whole team thinks its bad luck to wear our hair half up-half down with smoke eye make up (at competitions). Even though it looks better than our regular look, hair all up with yellow and white glitter on our eyes. :roll: IMO, it's stupid to blame losing on make up or anything else. but i probably only say that because the yellow glitter makes me look ugly. :lol:

I have miserable asthma and I know this isn't exactly a cure but I take a giant gulp of water before we go on and do not swallow it until the music starts. It probably doesn't do anything but I liike to believe it keeps my mouth more moist. Also I don't warm up my jumps. I suck at jumps to back so I save them for the floor :)

Back